Austurias on a steel strings

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Jstanley01

Austurias on a steel strings

Post by Jstanley01 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 am

The only other player I know of who once in a while does classical standards on steel strings is Chapdelaine. Candyrat is an interesting label (they uploaded this video, btw), having made the style of guitar that the late Michael Hedges pioneered a genre, almost. This young man, Marcin Patzalek, has done an arrangement of a classical standard within the style that is nothing if not... interesting...

https://youtu.be/mC9GeVJxW5Y
Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. -W.C. Fields

chrispeppler
Amateur luthier

Re: Austurias on a steel strings

Post by chrispeppler » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm

I thought that was great fun! Thanks for sharing.

GuitarB

Post by GuitarB » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 am

Sounds interesting. I think there was a boy playing asturias with lots of percussion, and improvisation on youtube.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:07 am

That was amazing. And according to the upload, Marcin was only 16 years old at the time of recording this performance. He is obviously influenced by Tommy Emmanuel but that's far from a bad thing. Very entertaining.

montana

Post by montana » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:02 am

Great video , thank you. Make sure not to lend him my guitar if he comes to town.

Return to “Public Space”