New Roland Dyens CD

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.

New Roland Dyens CD

Postby Rocket88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:11 pm

Picked up RD's new recording "Naquele Tempo" (Music of the Brazilian Master Pixinguinha) over the weekend. A collection of arrangements of choros from someone I was not familiar with. Nice, but hasn't really spoken to me yet. Anyone else care to comment?
Rocket88

Re: New Roland Dyens CD

Postby wolfgang » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 pm

I was in fact eagerly awaiting the release of the new CD of Pixinguinha arrangements, but unfortunately it has a ridiculous price over here in Europe, so I'll have to order it overseas I think.

I was hoping for a more enthusiastic review of someone who owns it already. Anyone?

I particularely like Carinhoso, and I am hoping for a good guitar arrangement by Dyens.
The piano keys are black and white,
But they sound like a million colours in your mind. (Katie Melua)
wolfgang

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:18 am

Rocket88 wrote:Nice, but hasn't really spoken to me yet.

Maybe it's time to learn a new language! :lol: :desole:
Sean

Postby werry » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 am

wolfgang wrote:I was in fact eagerly awaiting the release of the new CD of Pixinguinha arrangements, but unfortunately it has a ridiculous price over here in Europe, so I'll have to order it overseas I think.

I have not ordered it yet, but here in Belgium this CD costs about 19€.
The fragments I heard were interesting, but it seemed like the kind of music you must hear repeatedly to learn to love.
werry

Return to Public Space