Best tremolo songs?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.

Best tremolo songs?

Postby Guitarist1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am

hi, ive been looking for some really beautiful tremolo songs, ive already learnt El ultimo tremolo by Barrios and Recuerdos by Tarrega, can anyone tell me some more really nice tremolo songs?
Guitarist1

Postby gaditya2592 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 am

Reverie by Regondi
gaditya2592

Re:

Postby jimmyblues » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 am

gaditya2592 wrote:Reverie by Regondi

Absolutely. IMO the best tremolo piece on the guitar. Fantastically beautiful. Difficult, though...

Tarrega/Arcas's fantasy on La Traviata has a very short but beautiful tremolo section.

Karin Schaupp's transcription of Mascagni's famous intermezzo makes great use of tremolo, and is a great version. Not sure if it's published though.

Tarrega's Gran Jota has a lengthy tremolo section.
Autumn.
jimmyblues

Re: Best tremolo songs?

Postby randalljazz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:15 pm

barrios--un sueño en la floresta
sainz de la maza--campanas de alba
"Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endure, and we are are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us." -- Ranier Maria Rilke
randalljazz

Postby Michael McGrath » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 pm

For something newer, and with a very beautiful feel;

I'm a fan of the contemporary piece "Serenata Del Mar" by Rex Willis.

Type it into youtube to find a very wonderful performance by Miss Ana Vidovic playing it.
Armed with Book, Forum, and Guitar, I will bare my teeth and face the world! Music is a way of thinking, an art. There is nothing more demanding, and nothing more rewarding.
Michael McGrath

Postby Wayne Klein » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 am

These are all great pieces mentioned so far.

Rodrigo's "Invocation and Dance" is one of my favourite pieces with tremolo. There are lots of allusions to De Falla's pieces, Miller's Dance, Nana, Fisherman's Song, etc.

Another one is Koshkin's "Merlin's Dream". This one requires a fair bit of string crossing - both up and down during the tremolo section.

About 6 years ago I made a web page which listed all the tremolo pieces I knew of. I haven't kept it up but it is still there. I won't use a direct link but if you google for (pamilearner tremolo list tripod) it should come up.

Cheers.
Wayne Klein

Postby irfan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:19 am

Another choice, there is a piece, fantasia original by jose vinas, in em.
irfan

Postby wingarratta » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

randalljazz wrote:sainz de la maza--campanas del alba

A second vote for that one!
"When I meet people who are passionate about the guitar to the exclusion of every other kind of music, it irritates me profoundly" - J. Bream
wingarratta

Postby Vesavekkuli » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Here are two nice ones: Stepan Rak - The Cry of Guitar (published by Chorus) and Jorge Miller - Angelita (not published yet, but can be found from Youtube)
Vesavekkuli
Amateur luthier

Return to Public Space