Create chord and scale diagrams in Libre/OpenOffice

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
musikai

Create chord and scale diagrams in Libre/OpenOffice

Post by musikai » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi,

I created an extension that lets you easily create chord and scale diagrams (and export to svg or png).
For LibreOffice:
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/exte ... rddiagrams
For OpenOffice:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/de/node/18755

It is quite easy to create something like this:
-C-Major.png

ChordDiagrams is part of my free Project for LibreOffice and OpenOffice:
LibreOfficeSongbookArchitect (LOSA)
http://struckkai.blogspot.de/2015/04/li ... itect.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

richtm

Re: Create chord and scale diagrams in Libre/OpenOffice

Post by richtm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

:bravo: is this almost doing the tabs job or is it more that you are able to note riffs and chords?
:bye:
richtm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar top; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce top, Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar Double-top

musikai

Re: Create chord and scale diagrams in Libre/OpenOffice

Post by musikai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi,
I think it is mainly a tool for creating educational content. Chord diagrams at the Top of Song Sheets or to illustrate chord progressions and scales.
Together with the other extension "ChordTransposer" you can create nice formatted Song Sheets.
There sure is a lot of specialized software out there but sometimes you just want to add exact customised Chord Diagrams to a Text document. Or add a more sophisticated graphic to your Notation Software.
It's not a tab software. For those kind of things I would suggest e.g. Musescore. The horizontal scale-diagram indeed could be (ab)used to create a short tab or riff but this would be very limited and cumbersome.
Picking.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

Return to “Composers' Workshop”