Valderrabano, Enriquez - Guarda me las vacas - Tab

Our arrangements of public domain works or our own compositions for classical guitar as PDF, GIF, PNG ou JPG attachments. These must be tablatures which we have created ourselves, with all necessary care. Since tablature is too imprecise in the expression of polyphony, it is compulsory to include a version in standard notation along with our tablature. Tablatures taken from the internet which we have not produced ourselves will be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - Tab - tags (if known)
e.g. Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla - Tab
or Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Tab Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Packington's Pound - Tab (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.

A version in standard notation must be included.
MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Valderrabano, Enriquez - Guarda me las vacas - Tab

Post by MartinCogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:18 pm

From Valderrabano's vihuela book - silva de sirenas, 1547.

Each variation is indicated by a particular sort of symbol in the original (rather than double bar-lines), which I started copying
more-or-less-as-is, but then I got bored with that and started turning them into unruly squiggle cows...

during the week I also happened to be passing a field of cows and remembered camera in my knapsack.
las vacas Valderrabano.pdf
In my alternative positions on 2nd page ii, my 3rd finger is holding the 3 on 3rd string from bar 143, it slides up
to the 6 on 3rd string in bar 146, and then in bar 147 slides down again for the 3 on 3rd string.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goldenoldie

Re: Valderrabano, Enriquez - Guarda me las vacas

Post by goldenoldie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:53 pm

I can't read the tab, but your cows are cute!

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Post by MartinCogg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:02 pm

goldenoldie wrote:I can't read the tab, but your cows are cute!
Glad you like 'em - I had lessons with a flamenco guitarist for a while and thus became comfortable with the spanish tab early-on -
though I'm glad it was a couple of years after I'd started learning classical + regular notation. From learning spanish tab it was
no leap, years later, to feel happy reading french tab (which seems to be the most useful for the modern lute player) but I find
it much easier to write out (and read from) spanish rather than french tab - letters seem much more clumsy to set on the lines,
specially when using normal music manuscript paper (lute manuscript seems to have wider-spaced lines), and spanish tab is the
rather more modern universal for guitar players...

I choose not to play direct from italian tab - too confusing for the already-familiar systems :chaud:

I think reading tablature is a must for those interested in lute/vihuela repertoire, mayhap my cows will encourage you to start
playing from it :wink:

goldenoldie

Post by goldenoldie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:07 pm

:daccord: Thank you for the encouragement, Martin!
Another project for me... I already have the challenge of reading from facsimile (the French clefs in D'Anglebert, Le Roux and Forqueray... I play harpsichord as well), and now tablature. I wish I were 25 years old again!

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Post by MartinCogg » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:55 pm

Much as I love listening to harpsichord music on cd (I'm greedy and have far too many, going even so far as
william Hamilton Bird's 'Oriental Miscellany') - I wouldn't even dare to dream about taking it up. Nevermind
trying to manage various clefs - all those trills to execute... me mind boggles at how difficult it must be.

I'm impressed :ouioui:

goldenoldie

Post by goldenoldie » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:29 am

MartinCogg wrote:Much as I love listening to harpsichord music on cd (I'm greedy and have far too many, going even so far as
william Hamilton Bird's 'Oriental Miscellany') - I wouldn't even dare to dream about taking it up. Nevermind
trying to manage various clefs - all those trills to execute... me mind boggles at how difficult it must be.

I'm impressed :ouioui:
Actually, the trills and ornaments are much easier than on the guitar. Most J.S. Bach is very hard, and I leave that to my son. I think the perception of difficulty is related to how our brains are individually hard-wired. To me, even modern guitar tabs are a challenge, but they can be very useful when working in unusual tunings.
No other plucked instrument sings like the guitar and lute. Beautiful tone colors and and a magical vibrato... worth every bit of the effort! :okok:

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Re: Valderrabano, Enriquez - Guarda me las vacas - Tab

Post by MartinCogg » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:06 pm

And also for our list of projects -

http://imslp.org/wiki/Libro_de_cifra_nu ... osa,_Luis)

http://imslp.org/wiki/Obras_de_musica_p ... ntonio_de)

(can't seem to manage direct links, but these have their follow-on links 'search for this title page'...etc.)

Tablature for guitar or harpsichord (or harp).

I'm in the process of finding out just how well the guitar/vihuela might cope with it....

Azalais

Re: Valderrabano, Enriquez - Guarda me las vacas - Tab

Post by Azalais » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:06 am

Thank you Martin! I like the little vacas too.
(US) (FR) (ES) (IT) "... when you walk alone, you walk as you please..." Burwell Lute Tutor (c1670).

Return to “Our tablatures for classical guitar”