Compendium of Forum Knowledge

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Post by GeoffB » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Changes in forum layout from October 2014

The software update has made some radical changes to where some items are found. This is a quick guide to some of the main changes. The whole Compendium will need to be fully updated when moderators get the time.

Viewing posts by category (Your posts, active topics, etc). Also Member List

The previous links along the top of the page have been replaced by a drop-down menu. To access it, click on the quick links symbol at the top left of the page:
quick links.JPG
Clicking on it gives this:
quick links open.JPG
User Control Panel

The link to the User Control Panel has been moved to an item in a drop-down menu accessed by clicking on your username at the top right of the screen:
username menu.JPG

RETURN to INDEX PAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Can't find a help button, so question here.
When I search a topic and get results consisting of a number of pages, if I try to move to another pages I often get logged out and get message 'you are not permitted to use search'
Is this a known problem?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 am

Hi Colin, could I ask what sort of device (PC/iPad/Android phone/etc) and which browser you are using when this happens?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:38 am

GeoffB wrote:Hi Colin, could I ask what sort of device (PC/iPad/Android phone/etc) and which browser you are using when this happens?

Geoff
Geoff
It happenes with iPad and Safari, I've just tried it with PC and Firefox and it doesn't happen.
Strangely, when it shows me as logged out if I backarrow to previous browser page it shows me as logged on!
Regards
Colin

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks, Colin, I suspected you might be using Safari, since we have a history of problems with that browser, as mentioned for example in this discussion. Towards the end of that, Eric mentioned that he'd had no problems so far since updating to version 8.0 of the browser, so that might be worth trying if you're not already using it. Otherwise it might be best to try Chrome or something else. Incidentally the backarrow is only showing you a snapshot of the previous page from the browser's cache (when you were logged on), but doesn't mean that you are still logged on when you are viewing it.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks Geoff, I think Safari is auto updated but I will check. Otherwise searches to be done on PC

ianconrad

Post by ianconrad » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm

It seems that the power of a Google search plus classicalguitardelcamp is the way to search while learning how to navigate the site.

Return to “Forum Help Guides”