Compendium of Forum Knowledge

deathbringer07

Re: Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Post by deathbringer07 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:36 am

No, what I meant was those compilation pdf files, which were titled Delcamp Volume D0X(where "X" is a volume number, i.e. right now I only have the Delcamp Volume D02).

****Edit

I found them finally. Lol. Silly me. Sorry for the bother, Geoff. :desole:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 am

No problem. I'm glad you found what you wanted!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

wardjb

Post by wardjb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 am

Thank you very much for posting. A wealth of information here and it took me a bit to figure out how to subscribe to a usergroup.

JW

Elizabeth Vollmer

Post by Elizabeth Vollmer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 pm

how do I join an 002 forum

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Not sure how you missed it :D but instructions are right here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24921&st=0&sk=t&sd ... 45#p256328

In any case, I've registered you to 002 but check the directions when you're ready for 020.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Elizabeth Vollmer

Post by Elizabeth Vollmer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:05 pm

how do I sign up for the 002 posted messages group

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Elizabeth Vollmer wrote:how do I sign up for the 002 posted messages group
See my post here. You're already in that group.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Penelope Phillips-Armand

Post by Penelope Phillips-Armand » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 am

Geoff,

I'm delighted with the prospect of seeing what composers in other countries are writing for the guitar. Also, I welcome the opportunity to practice corresponding in a couple of languages other than English.

To join and continue in one of the other forums: must each new post be different in content from the messages posted on the English forum? Or can posts be repeated, essentially, from one forum to another?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Lyravera, we welcome interactivity between forums, and there is no reason why you should not make the same points on different language forums to different readerships. Most of the members there will not have seen the posts here, so it will extend the discussion internationally.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Penelope Phillips-Armand

Post by Penelope Phillips-Armand » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Geoff,
Good point there. So I won't hesitate to add some occasional user-friendly redundancy.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 am

Subscriptions and Bookmarks:

Clicking on the tool icon to the right of the Post Reply button will bring up a submenu of topic tools.
Topic tools.JPG
The "Subscribe topic" option results in an email notification when new posts are added to the topic in question. You can click on the icon a second time to cancel the subscription.

Clicking on "Bookmark topic" will put a link to that topic into a list in your User Control Panel for easy access. You can see these by going into your User Control Panel and selecting the "Manage bookmarks" tab from the list on the left.

Clicking on "Print view" will present that page of the thread without any background images or colour, for ease of printing. To return to the normal view, use the Back button on your browser.

RETURN to INDEX PAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Classical Guitar Forum.

Jim Meyers

Post by Jim Meyers » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to change the way my user name is displayed? When I set it up, I only used my first name. I have since decided that it would be more personable to add my last name, but was unable to find a setting in the control panel to change the display name.

Jim Meyers (aka Jim)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi Jim,

You just need to request a username change in the Your messages to the site administrator area. It won't just affect the way your name is displayed, by the way, but the name you log in with, so you'll need to type your full name to log in once it's changed. Your password and everything else will stay the same.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

alaudacorax

Post by alaudacorax » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 am

Natan wrote:

Code: Select all

If you want to output  anything that requires a fixed width, e.g. Courier type font you should enclose the text in [code]
tags. All formatting used within tags is retained when you later view it.
[/code]
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I still can't figure out what the 'Code' button does, and how. Can someone spell it out for me, please?

Does it just put stuff in a box, like this?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:23 pm

What it does is to prevent any code within the box from being interpreted. So If I wanted to demonstrate how to produce underlined text, for instance, I could enclose my example within code tags like this:

[u]text[/u]
If you don't use the code option, the underline tags are interpreted, producing this: text , so I wouldn't be able to show you what I've actually typed to produce it.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Forum Help Guides”