Maestro Singapore

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments

Maestro Singapore

Postby WHTang » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a Maestro guitar? It is a Singapore company. Any comment on the guitar? Thanks.
WHTang

Postby Skai » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:05 pm

I'm a Singaporean so don't get the idea that I'm biased against the company. :)

I've tried their entry level solid tops (classical of course) and they are pretty decent. As for their high end models (the full solid ones), no offence meant at all but they don't make the cut. There's something lacking in them, the depth of sound. They feel good and play well though.

But then again, SGD$1k is really cheap for a full solid classical guitar. You probably won't get anything better for that price.
Skai

Where are the guitars made?

Postby ewok » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Is the company making guitars in Singapore, in Malaysia, in Indonesia, or in China?
ewok

Postby flycatcher » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:23 pm

JUst checked their website..looks like they are made in China. They are a new company so dont expect top quality guitars from them. I think, they cater for the general, price sensitive market not the serious CG type.
flycatcher

Postby WHTang » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi... here is the link to the guitar page of Maestro,
http://www.maestroguitars.com/guitar/guitar.htm.

I was tempted to buy the Maestro Iberia model from the master series guitars. I tried out an Alhambra 4p guitar and this Maestro Iberia a couple of weeks ago. They differ by a 200 Singapore dollars with Maestro being a little more expensive, selling at S$850. The projection was nice. However I would not want to make my decision so quickly. Any recommendation of other company?

Thanks.
WHTang

Postby flycatcher » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:34 pm

My recommendation would be a Yairi, slightly more expensive but I don't think you can find it in Singapore or Malaysia. Another choice is the Antonio Lorca, Model 12 which is available in Singapore. I have a Model 10, not that happy with the sound though.

WHTang wrote:Hi... here is the link to the guitar page of Maestro,

I was tempted to buy the Maestro Iberia model from the master series guitars. I tried out an Alhambra 4p guitar and this Maestro Iberia a couple of weeks ago. They differ by a 200 Singapore dollars with Maestro being a little more expensive, selling at S$850. The projection was nice. However I would not want to make my decision so quickly. Any recommendation of other company?

Thanks.
flycatcher

Postby WHTang » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:16 am

Hi,

Thanks flycatcher. I think Yairi would be a nice guitar but it does not seem to produce classical guitars. I am looking for a classical guitar actually. Anyway, thanks for the comment. ;)
WHTang

Postby flycatcher » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:49 pm

They do make classical guitar. Try checking at http://www.yairi.com/.
flycatcher

Postby hyz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:57 am

WHTang wrote:Hi... here is the link to the guitar page of Maestro,

Thanks.

Hi Tang, in singapore u probably dun have much choices at with the budget u have. most of the guitar at this price range, even if it is so-called spanish label, there are lightly to be made in china as well. u may want to look around few more shops before u decide.

hyz
hyz

Return to Luthiers