Antonio Aparicio guitars?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments

Antonio Aparicio guitars?

Postby roninartist » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Anyone ever heard of this brand? Supposedly made in spain. I'm considering the aa40f. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
roninartist

Re: Antonio Aparicio guitars?

Postby Pepe Vergara » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:29 pm

roninartist wrote:Anyone ever heard of this brand? Supposedly made in spain. I'm considering the aa40f. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Aparicio guitars are made at the shop of don Antonio Aparicio in Valencia, Spain. He and his son Tony work with a small group of officers to produce guitars that go from economy price to really high end ones. The good thing about those guitars is that don Antonio personally inspect every single top of every guitar regardless the price. He personally makes certain models. They start being built with all solid woods at the AA90 (flamenco) and AA100 (classical). I own a AA100, and an AA 142. I was lucky enough to learn from him too. Take a look to the pics below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
Pepe, el Nino de Las Guitarras
------------------------------------
"It is not enough to just ride this earth. You have to aim higher, try to take off, even fly. It is our duty".
— Jose Yacopi, Argentine Luthier
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Postby ljerams » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Pepe,
I understand that the AA70 is the first all wood model. On your recommendation of this Luthier I obtained a price from Singapore which is quite reasonable if I have some spare money. 8)

Does he have his own website?

Regards.
ljerams

Postby Rolls-Royce » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:40 pm

ljerams wrote:Pepe,
I understand that the AA70 is the first all wood model. On your recommendation of this Luthier I obtained a price from Singapore which is quite reasonable if I have some spare money. 8)

Regards.

He sure does. Just spell his name as one word, add a "www." to the front, and a ".com" to the back, and you have it! :)
Rolls-Royce

Here it is!

Postby Pepe Vergara » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:08 am

"It is not enough to just ride this earth. You have to aim higher, try to take off, even fly. It is our duty".
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Postby Pepe Vergara » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:12 am

ljerams wrote:Pepe,

Regards.

Ye. I meant AA70 - His guitars have very reasonable prices outside the US
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Postby ljerams » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 am

Many thanks for the information everybody.

I have learned more about guitars from this Forum than I did in the previous fifty years!
8)
ljerams

Re: Here it is!

Postby Rolls-Royce » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks, Pepe! I wasn't sure if the mods would allow a direct link to his website :? , so I wrote it the way I did.
Rolls-Royce

Postby roninartist » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks alot guys, I just purchased the guitar and for the price I paid, it sounds great. My dog says it sounds much nicer than my yamaha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
roninartist

Postby Rolls-Royce » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Spruce top?
Rolls-Royce

Postby roninartist » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:30 pm

yes sir, i like spruce alot more than cedar. its night and day how much a good guitar can elevate your playing. i'm making much faster gains on completing la catedral. The action is perfect and makes all the legatos much simpler and less exhausting for me to do. I do still however warm up with the yamaha since I feel the tougher action kind of preps my hands better. Beautiful guitar, thanks pepe, you really made the decision to pick it up for me. My gf didn't even object to me buying it after hearing it.
roninartist

Postby Rolls-Royce » Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 am

Attaboy! Did you get the AA40, or spring for an upscale model?

Both my guitars have spruce tops (a Yamaha C40 with a plywood one, and a Paco Marin PM395 with solid spruce). The PM395 is just so much more responsive than the Yamaha, making vibrato and other "effects" a whole lot easier to do. Sustain and projection are also a lot better than the C40's. I must confess that I'm dying to try a good cedar-top guitar to hear for myself how it differs from spruce....
Rolls-Royce

Postby ljerams » Wed May 02, 2007 8:26 am

I'm sure that their guitars are fantastic. But what does one do when they didn't have the courtesy to reply to my e-mail asking where their nearest Agent is to Bangkok. :roll:

At least Alhambra advised me where I can buy their instruments which puts them back in the lead again.
ljerams

Postby Pepe Vergara » Wed May 02, 2007 2:17 pm

ljerams wrote: ... I'm sure that their guitars are fantastic. But what does one do when they didn't have the courtesy to reply to my e-mail asking where their nearest Agent is to Bangkok. :roll:

At least Alhambra advised me where I can buy their instruments which puts them back in the lead again.

That is a common problem with small outfits. Alhambra is a very large business enterprise. They do all the marketing staff. As far as I have seen, some smaller places check their emails once aweek or so. Sometimes they only have one accounting/finance/exec.assistant, or so to take care of the office business. Some do not have computer, or if they have it, they do not have the manpower to check them constantly.

I would insist several times until gotten a response.
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Postby ljerams » Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 pm

If it is a one man band Luthier turning out a dozen guitars each year, I could accept that excuse. But Aparicio have all the experience of International Marketing both with Raimundo and afterwards on their own.

Fortunately, or unfortunately I'm not ready to buy just yet so we'll see just how well they perform when the cash is available and I get a green card from the Boss :wink:
ljerams

Next

Return to Luthiers