Good Points
Great Separation between notes
Good Projection
Fantastic woods used
Baden Powell & Jorge Morel played them

Bad Points
This model is big...you need big hands
Quite a few "wolf notes"
Amplifies right hand nail noise ...you have to be very precise with your right hand attack, more than on other guitars.
:?
Cricket

Postby John O » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 pm

I agree. It produces a big, loud, punchy sound, but the neck is a bit thick/wide. On the other hand, the neck is unfinished, so it feels great--very secure. The ebony back and sides are stunning--plus it has a cool headstock.
John O

Postby Sparky » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:56 am

I have just purchased a "La Portentosa Nueva" model and it is fantastic. Wonderful clear trebles and a big sound, much like my old long-scale Ramirez 1a, but much easier to play. Only down-side is that the body seems quite large, which means that it doesn't fit in my Hiscox liteflite case, and has to live in a less-sturdy "fluffy lined" case.
Sparky

Postby Franggus » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:51 pm

Cricket wrote:I have Dieter Hopf Virtuoso Model.
Good Points
Great Separation between notes
Good Projection
Fantastic woods used
Baden Powell & Jorge Morel played them

Bad Points
This model is big...you need big hands
Quite a few "wolf notes"
Amplifies right hand nail noise ...you have to be very precise with your right hand attack, more than on other guitars.
:?

What are "wolf notes"?
Franggus

Postby ogadiso » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi Franggus,

wolf notes occur mainly on a cello.
If you want a good explanation for the physical background escpecially on guitars please read the article at: http://www.newmillguitar.com/millen2.htm
or simply do a google search

ogadiso
ogadiso

Return to Luthiers