Luis Sevillano Guitars

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments

Luis Sevillano Guitars

Postby Flamencogirl » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:21 pm

:roll: Does anyone have any information about guitars made by Luis Sevillano, luthier from Mexico? I would appreciate any information. Thanks.
Flamencogirl

Postby Pepe Vergara » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Yes. I have been to his shop in Tijuana. He does many types of guitars, from steel string jazz, to classicals and flamencos. I find his guitars nice looking and play well.
Pepe, el Nino de Las Guitarras
------------------------------------
"It is not enough to just ride this earth. You have to aim higher, try to take off, even fly. It is our duty".
— Jose Yacopi, Argentine Luthier
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Re: Luis Sevillano Guitars

Postby RicDavalos » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 pm

I know this thread is old, but I just had to post.

I own a Sevillano guitar it looks and plays very well. I bought it about 11 years ago during a business trip to Tijuana. I'd recommend anybody who is in the area and looking to buy, to stop in and check out the shop.
My guitars:
Cordoba 32EF
Sevillano cutaway classical
Martin backpacker w/nylon strings
RicDavalos

Postby tshpll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:12 am

can anyone give me the address for Luis Sevillano shop in tijuana bc mexico.. I am in san diego and want to visit the shop ..his guitars are much recommended.
tshpll

Postby GeoffB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi tshpll, welcome to the forum. Could I invite you to introduce yourself here?

By the way, please note that email addresses should not be given on the open forum, but only exchanged via private message, so I'm afraid I had to remove yours from your post.

Best wishes,

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby Pepe Vergara » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 pm

His address is Kilometro 1( KM1), Carreterra Ensenada 980, Tijuana, Mex. His phone number is (from the states) 011-52-664-686-5057.

As soon you cross the border by foot, take a COLECTIVO (a shared taxi) and tell the driver you are going to see Luis Sevillano, el guitarrero. It cost about $2 (if you speak Spanish) to $5 bucks (if you don't) :)
Pepe, el Nino de Las Guitarras
------------------------------------
"It is not enough to just ride this earth. You have to aim higher, try to take off, even fly. It is our duty".
— Jose Yacopi, Argentine Luthier
Pepe Vergara
Luthier

Postby CG-phile » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Pepe Vergara wrote:It cost about $2 (if you speak Spanish) to $5 bucks (if you don't) :)

I heard language translation fees were going up in Mexico but that's outrageous! :lol:
"Classical guitar... my escape from everyday technocentrism!"
CG-phile

Postby the.ronin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Don't mean to revive an old thread but does anyone know if Luis Sevillano's shop in TJ is still open or moved?
the.ronin

Return to Luthiers