Guitars on the auction site

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Brian McCombs

Re: Guitars on the auction site

Postby Brian McCombs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Well, I may have exposed my ignorance with regard to world geography....I didn't realize Bologna was a town anywhere.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Postby simonm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Brian McCombs wrote:Well, I may have exposed my ignorance with regard to world geography....I didn't realize Bologna was a town anywhere.

:D

For your useless information. It is home to the reputedly oldest university in the western world which celebrated its 900th anniversary in 1988. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Bologna Umberto Eco (The name of the Rose) is numbered among its academics.

The centre of the town features leaning towers (Assinelli) that make the tower of Pisa looking boringly upright.

sesto

Postby sesto » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

simonm wrote:
Brian McCombs wrote:Well, I may have exposed my ignorance with regard to world geography....I didn't realize Bologna was a town anywhere.

:D

For your useless information. It is home to the reputedly oldest university in the western world which celebrated its 900th anniversary in 1988. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Bologna Umberto Eco (The name of the Rose) is numbered among its academics.

The centre of the town features leaning towers (Assinelli) that make the tower of Pisa looking boringly upright.

:bravo:

(to be precise the names of the two towers are: tower of Asinelli and Garisenda tower, built between 1109 and 1119 by the noble families Asinelli and Garisenda)

rgregg48

Postby rgregg48 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 am

Mumbo Jumbo? well named
Rick

sesto

Postby sesto » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm

guitarseller345645 wrote: He is not interested in selling outside US - I once asked him for a shipping quote and he was not encouraging.

I asked him. Shipping price for Italy is $110. I don't know if it's an honest price, but it's almost half the cost of the guitar.

guitarseller345645

Postby guitarseller345645 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 am

I think $80-$90 should be more reasonable.

So, you would get a well travelled guitar - from China/Romania to USA to Italy :)

Return to “Luthiers”