Exagon tuner

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments

Exagon tuner

Postby erictjie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am

HI ALL
I am interested in exagon tuner. Anyone has experienced with this tuner? i think it is elegant too
erictjie

Re: Exagon tuner

Postby rounie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi,
All i know is luthier Kazu sato uses these and they are sold/marketed by Savarez-they are on their website,and you can send a mail for
further information...
Regards/Rounie
Let Music Unite All............
Richard Howell No.408 Cedar/Indian-2007
rounie

Postby Echi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi,
They are a very good tuners with a simple look: you can check for technical information in their website.
They have been engineered and made in Italy and people like Ramirez factory and Gioacchino Giussani are actually mounting Exagon as well in their own models.
Echi

Postby es335 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 am

I contacted the manufacturer in Italy direct and received a swift reply!
Seems like Savarez is not supporting them sufficiently!
es335

Postby Adam S. Vernon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm

As far as I can tell, they are not distributed in the USA.
fka AdamX
Adam S. Vernon
Student of the online lessons

Postby ben etow » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm

My wife has Exagon tuners on her Jean-Luc Joie. They work fine. Very smooth. Not as precise as Knut Welsch's Freewheel, but moreless as precise as the Rodgers she had on her Paco Santiago MarĂ­n (and others on guitars I tried)or the Alessi i tried on several guitars.
ben etow

Postby erictjie » Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 am

i have recieved my exagon tuner and my opinion is very impressive and it is a very fine tuner as good as any top tuners.
erictjie

Postby esc » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

erictjie I am happy you are satisfied with exagon tuners. They were devoloped by luthier Mario Garrone, who is an engineer and a friend of mine. They are high end tuners. For sure same quality of Rodgers or Alessi. I tried to say so in a previous post about tuners, but nobody ever consider it. From that I clearly understood that even tuning machines, like guitars are a matter of fashion. How did you come to know them?
esc

Postby Jason Wolverton » Tue May 15, 2012 4:46 pm

They (Savarez?) should do a better job with customer relations and promotion. A couple of years ago I saw Exagon tuners on the web and was very interested in trying them. I received spotty information in response to my inquiries and gave up. Maybe they're more organized now?
"I have discovered (to my joy) that it is life, not death, that has no limits."- Florentino Ariza
Jason Wolverton
Luthier

Postby esc » Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Well, I just phoned Mario and he was quite surprised at Savarez behavior. Anyway he said that one can easily reach him by googleing exagon tuners. They have their own site with contact information (I don't think english language is working). They should be pretty fast in replying.
esc

Postby erictjie » Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 am

esc wrote:erictjie I am happy you are satisfied with exagon tuners. They were devoloped by luthier Mario Garrone, who is an engineer and a friend of mine. They are high end tuners. For sure same quality of Rodgers or Alessi. I tried to say so in a previous post about tuners, but nobody ever consider it. From that I clearly understood that even tuning machines, like guitars are a matter of fashion. How did you come to know them?

internet forum is the best place to search for good info. i think they should promote exagon more . It is as good as rodger or Alessi tuners and it is nice to tune and very elegant . i really like it very much.
erictjie

Postby ben etow » Wed May 16, 2012 9:33 am

Jason Wolverton wrote:They (Savarez?) should do a better job with customer relations and promotion. A couple of years ago I saw Exagon tuners on the web and was very interested in trying them. I received spotty information in response to my inquiries and gave up. Maybe they're more organized now?

My (even recent) experience (mails and sendings concerning strings) is they still aren't organized at all. it's a pity because those tuners are very nice indeed.
ben etow

Return to Luthiers