Giuliani, Mauro - op.050/13 Allegro - D04 Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
NazgulXXI

Giuliani, Mauro - op.050/13 Allegro - D04 Video

Post by NazgulXXI » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi people! This song is composed by Mauro Giuliani and I am the one playing on the video. Could you guys tell me what you think of it, and maybe provide some feedback? I'm quite new, so don't expect the highest quality. Also, the volume is quite low on the video, and you might have to turn it up :)

Youtube

George Crocket

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - op.50/13 Allegro - D04 Video

Post by George Crocket » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello NazgulXXI

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. Well done for starting off with a video recording as your first post. For a leftie it was pretty good. :wink:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules, then please introduce yourself here for a proper welcome.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

KeMe

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - op.50/13 Allegro - D04 Video

Post by KeMe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 am

Hi Gustav,
Is there any way that you can record this piece again with the volume louder? I couldn't get my sound system loud enough to hear you play. :(

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Pragueguy

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - op.050/13 Allegro - D04 Video

Post by Pragueguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:16 am

hi

This is a pretty tough piece, you actually play it technically pretty well overal.

However I would suggest to work on it more slowly so that you master it completely. In classical guitar we normály don't win any big points for playing tougher pieces that are however "not there" technically.

And you could also then concentrate more on the music, e.g., what is melody and what it accompaniment in this piece?

regards, Mike

guitarp

Post by guitarp » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 am

Hey, nice post!

I think that you are not ready yet to play this piece. There are several hints, for example:

- your thumb (l.h.) should never play towards the index finger
- fingers of the r.h. are not preparing for next notes
- tone is uneven
- rhythm is uneven

That are some points you could work on. It's your decision :)
I always remind myself: cleanness ALWAYS over speed! If you can't play something relaxed and clean in the supposed speed, than you have to play it at slower speed and gradually speed up. Muscles and brain learn, but slow. I think it has something to do with the motion moving to the reflex center of the brain. This takes A LOT time and work. Once it is in the reflex center, it stays there for ever :)

Good luck!

andrewcch

Post by andrewcch » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:37 am

Hi Nazgul, I remember hearing John Mills play this sweet piece, only about 20x faster (and livelier)! The only thing which I feel is lacking in your rendition is the crescendo towards the last few bars - ending with a climatic bang! Keep practicing until you reach warp speed and you will only hear the melodic line with a droning accompaniment in the background!

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”