D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Mark Farber

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Mark Farber » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Very nice job Bill - as always. I particularly liked your version of the Valtz.

Mark.

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Bill Davis wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:
Why isn't this in the exam qualifying submissions? Is something wrong with this I have to fix?
Hi Eva,

It appears the video is marked as 'private' so it will not play. You will have to go to your youtube account and mark the video as 'public'. In case you are not familiar I think this is how to get there:
Login to your youtube
Go to My Channel from the left pane
On the top of the page go to Video Manager
Find the video that you are trying to post and select 'Edit'
Under the basic information section it will say 'private'. Simply change that to 'public' and save it. It should work then.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Bill

Oh! Thank you! I believe now it is ok

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Mark Farber wrote:Nice job Eva. I did notice that some of the notes in Greensleeves seemed a bit rushed. I would recommend using a metronome if you don't already to practice holding notes for the full beat. Use a very slow tempo to start, and gradually build up to the desired speed.

Mark
Thank you :)
I need some advice on how to effectively use the metronome. I unfortunately always find it very confusing

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Jeremy Gillard wrote:
Why isn't this in the exam qualifying submissions? Is something wrong with this I have to fix?
As Bill has said, your video is marked as private. So I was unable to view it to add it to the qualifying exam submission list. Please either post here once you have updated the video rights or send me a message to let me know that you have fixed it and I will update the submission list.

Thanks,
Hello! :)
I think that now it is ok

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:
Mark Farber wrote:Nice job Eva. I did notice that some of the notes in Greensleeves seemed a bit rushed. I would recommend using a metronome if you don't already to practice holding notes for the full beat. Use a very slow tempo to start, and gradually build up to the desired speed.

Mark
I need some advice on how to effectively use the metronome. I unfortunately always find it very confusing
I agree it can be challenging. I often find myself listening to the metronome and not paying attention to what I am playing. One trick I use is to first set it to the desired tempo, and then just listen to it for a while. Tap your foot to the beat to help internalize it. Then play the music without the metronome on, and see if you kept the beat.

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Mark Farber wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:

Mark
I agree it can be challenging. I often find myself listening to the metronome and not paying attention to what I am playing. One trick I use is to first set it to the desired tempo, and then just listen to it for a while. Tap your foot to the beat to help internalize it. Then play the music without the metronome on, and see if you kept the beat.
I will try this :) Wish me luck

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello everyone, greetings from Mexico, went on to present the third class, I apologize for the lateness of it, I hope your comments.
Hola a todos, un saludo desde México, paso a presentar la tercer clase, pido disculpas por lo tarde de ella, espero sus comentarios.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Be happy.
Sean felices.

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Dennis, you're definitely the best running guitar, good job, congratulations;
David, beautiful work, congratulations;
Eva, congratulations on your effort, only a small detail, in the exercise of the scale does not give the fair value of the notes, do not forget you are black and eighth notes, and you just play eighth notes ;
Bill, in good time for your work, only one comment, I think in the waltz at the end of bar 12 play some notes over;
Mark, you can say, I can only congratulate you.

Dennis, sin duda eres de los que mejor ejecutan la guitarra, muy buen trabajo, felicidades;
David, hermoso trabajo, felicidades;
Eva, felicidades por tu esfuerzo, sólo un pequeño detalle, en el ejercicio de la escala no das el valor justo de las notas, no se te olvide que son negras y corcheas y tu sólo tocas corcheas;
Bill, en hora buena por tu trabajo, sólo un comentario, creo que en el vals al final del compás 12 tocas unas notas de más;
Mark, que te puedo decir, sólo me queda felicitarte.

Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons

Post by Angela Zhao » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 am

- page 56 Niccolò PAGANINI (1782-1840) VALTZ
Take care to damp the bass notes properly from the second quaver (eighth note) of the bar. This piece consists of two sections which are repeated, so it has an A-A-B-B structure, also called binary form. You can make particularly good use of the repeat if you aim to give it a different feel each time. Thus you could play the B section in a non-conclusive fashion the first time round, and in a conclusive fashion the second time.
Hi classmate
The teacher said play the B-section in a non-conclusive fashion the first time round, who can tell me what is the "non-conclusive fashion" and the "conclusive fashion ". How to display it? and damp the bass notes ,is that mean after you play A then you put your thumb on the sixth string to damp the E. Thank you very much! :merci:

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on D03. I have joined pretty late and am trying to catch up. I don't know hows its going to work.
Well below are my videos for this lesson. Please feel free to comment

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube
**Self Motivation is the Greatest Motivator**
--> Certified D01, D02 & Trinity Initial Grade

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:50 pm

jorge nuño guerrero wrote:
Youtube
Hello Jorge,

Very nicely played. I liked the way you play with so much precision. You hand movements are good and the position of your guitar seems pretty decent. Good job on this lesson :)

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Dennis Stewart wrote:Hi everyone. Here are my submissions for this lesson. I got a bit under time preassure as I am leaving home tomorrow for a couple of weeks and will not be able to record anything. Also its time to change strings (just never seem to find the time for it)

Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to hear your recordings
Dennis,

You were brilliant on those pieces. Amazing work ! So nice to see your fingers glide on the fretboard. You looked confident on each of your pieces and they sounded very melodious. I especially noticed the damping, you did not miss even one. I personally hate damping :( Takes a lot of effort.

Overall stellar performance :bravo:

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

David Yang wrote:
Youtube

Hey David,

So nice to see you again. :D

Amazing work on your pieces. You work so hard on them, never to make even a small mistake. Thats really nice. The onyl problem I thought sound on your pieces is very low but I am sure you can work that out.

You are brilliant at playing these pieces. YOu make them look simple. :bye:

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:
I have also another one, I deleted the file by mistake. I will post in later today
Hello Eva,

I thought you played your pieces very well. You seem pretty relaxed and confident in each of your pieces which is really nice. The movement of your fingers around the fretboard is very smooth which gives you a lot of time to structure your notes to sound them melodious.

Good Work !

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Bill Davis wrote:Hi All,
Here are my lesson posts. I am sorry I was having trouble with my microphone and blew out the gain on Greensleeves so the
Bill,

So nice to see you again. Its been along time I suppose.

You are a master man ! All these pieces are like pre-school stuff for you.

Amazing work on each of these pieces. When you play, you play with such ease, confidence and patience. Good Work :bravo:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”