D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
himanshu

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by himanshu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks Marko!

Sounds like the goal is to become comfortable with approach-2 eventually. but it is ok to do the exercises using approach-1, if that works better for the individual.

For the benefit of sight reading newbies, I found following cheatsheet very helpful to understand meaning of some of the symbols :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_symbols

Jenni Gribble
Student of the online lessons

Post by Jenni Gribble » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 am

John Montes wrote:
Angela Zhao wrote:Hi classmate
I missed a video, now I upload it. :merci:
Very good, you have met the requirements to participate in the D01 exams along with Jenni and Zafar in May.
Many other students are very close and will qualify once they submit their lesson #6 and or lesson #7 required pieces.
I am a teacher and got very busy in May, so I missed the final exam. However, I have been working on it this summer and practices lessons from Level and feel like I am ready to go on to Level 2, so I will see you in September. I have a new guitar (a Corboba C9 Parlor) and I feel like things are just starting to click :)
2016 Cordoba Parlor C9, Cedar
2017 Cordoba Mini Guitar - M
2017 Martin 000-15sm

Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons

Post by Angela Zhao » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Jenni
Hope to see you in September. And during this summer,I'll practice the lessons from D04-01.

:) :)

Gildeone

Post by Gildeone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:33 am

Nice to meet you!

It's a great pleasure to participate in this forum, because even being new here I'm already studying so many essentials information to be a reasonable guitar player.

Years ago I started to play classical guitar with a teacher using the method of a brazilian guitar teacher
Now I have found a very interesting tool to improve my skills and knowledge.

Here I am to learn with.

Caio Carnauba

Post by Caio Carnauba » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 pm

hello people, I'm currently learning the song a la Claire fontaine, however I couldn`t one of the markings on the sheet. Can someone please explain to me what the flower like symbol means?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi Caio, it means you should damp the previous note to stop it ringing on beyond its intended length and causing a dissonance with the next note, something that can happen where you have a note on an open string. You can damp a note by touching the string with a thumb or finger, and these are usually indicated in the scores after a backslash (\) near the flower symbol. For instance, where you see \2 above the flower symbol, you touch the string with the second finger of the left hand, and where you see \i you use the index finger of the right hand.

In the second bar of this particular piece, for instance, you play the B on the second string, and then when you go to hold down the A on the third string with your second finger, you slope that finger slightly so that it also touches lightly against the second string and stops it ringing. Then you will only hear the A without any interference from the B.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

lourenco

Post by lourenco » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm a new student of classic guitar ... and I am very excited with all these materials ...
Sorry for my bad english ...

xevile

Post by xevile » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:15 am

Wow this is great material.

I have a cheap acoustic guitar and currently going through the 2nd quarter of Intermediate level at justinguitar.com. I am trying to learn and incorporate classical finger style onto the folk finger style that I know. Would this hamper my learning? I mean would learning these at the same time mess with the muscle memory I have built so far?

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:51 am

xevile wrote:I have a cheap acoustic guitar and currently going through the 2nd quarter of Intermediate level at justinguitar.com. I am trying to learn and incorporate classical finger style onto the folk finger style that I know. Would this hamper my learning? I mean would learning these at the same time mess with the muscle memory I have built so far?
Hi xevile,

I don't think there's a definitive answer to your question, but here are some topics you may find interesting, and you could perhaps repeat your question in one of them, as this online lessons section of the forum doesn't get much visitors during the summer.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31045
viewtopic.php?t=67159
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105884
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”