D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
jorge nuño guerrero

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Thanks Dennis and also my personal friend MIGUEL GRAJEDA I say to you that your work and hope from this moment and I'm sure going to be a good job.
By MARK FARBER fellow pace yourself do not worry because we have time, never force yourself in tests when there is pain or fingers do not obey better to wait a little, I liked your interest . I hope you get better soon.
A big hug for everyone.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Jorge - I love your openness and your enthusiasm.

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Thank you MARK.

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Mark not despair, with a little patience and persistence you will see that soon will achieve overcome this obstacle or discomfort that ails you. A greeting.

Mark no desesperes, con un poco de paciencia y tenacidad verás que pronto lograrás superar ese obstáculo o malestar que te aqueja. Un saludo.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:10 am

Here is my first go at this assignment (sorry again that it is a little late).

For the record, I almost never use rest stroke and am therefore not very good at it. I struggled a lot (and continue to struggle) with the first exercise. As for the Schiarazula, well let's just say it still needs LOTS of work...

Plyphony

Youtube

Youtube

Arpegios

Youtube

Schiarazula

Youtube

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am

Mark Farber wrote:Here is my first go at this assignment (sorry again that it is a little late).

For the record, I almost never use rest stroke and am therefore not very good at it. I struggled a lot (and continue to struggle) with the first exercise. As for the Schiarazula, well let's just say it still needs LOTS of work...
Hi Mark. First of all, congratulations for your recordings.

Pholyphony I like the dampening with your thumb, you do that very well. I remember that was the most difficult part for me, play a note while move the thumb to damp the bass strings at the same time. It seems that when you use your thumb to play a note your whole hand is moving excessivly, it is hard to see as the video doesent show it. When looking at Mr. Delcamps video, his hand is hardly moving at all. I would suggest that you keep your camera a bit further back to record both hands.

Arpegios While the rest stroke gives you some trouble, the free strokes in the Arpegios seem to work very well. Good pace, fluid and good tone. Excellent.

Schiarazula Overall the Schiarazula sounds very good and it doesent feel like it needs more speed!! Very nice. Only the 16th notes seem to slow you down a bit. Apart from that its very nicely played.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Mark. First of all, congratulations for your recordings.

Pholyphony I like the dampening with your thumb, you do that very well. I remember that was the most difficult part for me, play a note while move the thumb to damp the bass strings at the same time. It seems that when you use your thumb to play a note your whole hand is moving excessivly, it is hard to see as the video doesent show it. When looking at Mr. Delcamps video, his hand is hardly moving at all. I would suggest that you keep your camera a bit further back to record both hands.

Arpegios While the rest stroke gives you some trouble, the free strokes in the Arpegios seem to work very well. Good pace, fluid and good tone. Excellent.

Schiarazula Overall the Schiarazula sounds very good and it doesent feel like it needs more speed!! Very nice. Only the 16th notes seem to slow you down a bit. Apart from that its very nicely played.[/quote]

Thanks Dennis. I have the most difficulty using my thumb and finger at the same time for rest strokes. My hand seems to tense up and I find it hard to get both fingers to move at the same time. I will keep working on it. I also find that hand placement over the strings is particularly important to achieve this. As for the Schiarazula, I can play it faster but tend to get "lost in the notes" sometimes. I will work on the 1/16 notes though, especially the D to C transition which I know is sometimes slow. Thanks for you comments.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:36 am

Dennis,

I like the way you play. In fact, as you suggested for me, I think I like the Schiarazula the way you played it - a little slower. It just sounds more clear and pleasant than when it is played to fast. The only thing I would suggest is, particularly with the second Arpeggio, try to keep the tone produced by your thumb more constant. Some base notes were very clear while others were barely audible. Look forward to hearing your next recordings.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Regarding rest stroke - I find that my nails sometimes get caught on the strings when I do rest stroke. This may be an issue with length and shape of my nails, though I have been experimenting lately and still have the problem. If i use "less nail" for my rest stroke I obviously don't have the problem but the sound is not as crisp. Is this common, and can anyone suggest a solution?

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Last edited by Eva Pakaki on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello here is the first one. It could be better, but as long as I know there is a phone recording I get a bit nervous. This is one thing also that need to be fixed...

Youtube

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:19 pm

And the second one

Youtube

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Eva,

I edited your submission posts to have the youtube videos embedded on the forum topic page, which is the way we prefer to have the students' youtube recordings here at the lessons. By following this link, you will learn how to do it yourself.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Hello MARK 've seen your video and I see you've done a good job , despite the inconvenience you've had , I invite you to continue like this and I congratulate you .

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:31 pm

EVA well , I liked your interpretation , I can see that you've done a good job , I like the movement of the fingers of the left hand, I congratulate you and continues so .

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”