D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Bill Davis

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Bill Davis » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:32 am

Hello everyone. I am a little late to get my lessons posted but here they are. Thanks for watching.
POLYPHONIE - Apoyando

Youtube

ARPEGGI

Youtube

SCHIARAZULA MARAZULA

Youtube

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello BILL I liked your interpretation , but more so the SHIARAZULA MARANZULA that sounds very professional fluency congratulate you .
And more beautiful guitars you , " What sound crisp flawless" !!!!!

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Que paso MIGUEL GRAJEDA? mi compañero de cuerdas jejejej, "LE ROBARON LOS HUEVOS AL AGUILA?
MARKO mis felicitaciones es bueno tener un moderador que tenga tu experiencia y que nos corrija, cuando cometemos un error, de mi parte siempre seran bienvenidos todos los comentarios por muy duro que sean, porque es la unica manera de mejorar sabiendo lo mal que he hecho, como quisiera tener ese oido tan educado para detectar cuando una cuerda esta desafinada.
Un abrazo a ti y todos los compañeros.

MIGUEL GRAJEDA happened ? my partner jejejej ropes, " stole the eagle EGGS ?
MARKO congratulations is good to have a moderator who has your experience and to correct us when we make a mistake on my part always welcome all comments as hard as they are, because it is the only way to improve knowing how bad I've done as this would have heard so polite to detect when a string is out of tune .
A hug to you and all your colleagues.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Thank you, Jorge! It is one of the lesson moderator duties, assigned by Professor Delcamp, to remind students of the tuning when we hear a recording that sounds out of tune :) I wish I had the chance to give more individual feedback for the students outside my own level, but unfortunately I don't have the time for it.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:31 am

Hello all. It is good to have so many students and I appreciate the interaction that is going on between everyone.
Dennis - I like how natural you look playing. Your pieced sounded very good.
Jorge - Thank you very much for your comments. I really liked your pieces. You played relaxed also and sounded very nice. I also liked the added rooster sounds from outside. :-D
Mark - You sounded very good and relaxed.
Eva - You sounded very nice.
Miguel - You sounded good but your guitar was really out of tune. However, it sounded like you hit all the right cords.
:merci:
Bill

David Yang
Student of the online lessons

Post by David Yang » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:25 am

POLYPHONIE - Apoyando

Youtube

ARPEGGI

Youtube

SCHIARAZULA MARAZULA

Youtube

Hi all, I have a question. What does this "1020" mean above the damping symbol? Thanks.
1020.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music begins where language ends.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 am

Hi David,

That's the left hand fingering for a trill (tr). For more information, see exercise 39 in D03 collection, D03 Classical guitar lesson 06, and an additional lesson about Ornaments in baroque music.

In this case, the lower note D is trilled. It starts with finger 1 fretting 2nd fret E on 4th string to be played at the same time with the upper D note. Then finger 2 is quickly pulled off to open string D, and then hammered on with finger 2 on 2nd fret E, and again pulled off to open string D which will be left ringing with the upper D for the remainder of the note duration.

You won't begin mordent and trill practice until lesson 6, but there is of course nothing to keep you from getting a head start.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

David Yang
Student of the online lessons

Post by David Yang » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 am

Marko, thanks for your explanation. So the 1020 indicates the sequence of the left-hand finger movement. We've done some slur exercises in D02, and I'd like to learn about the trill before Lesson 2 starts.
Music begins where language ends.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:53 am

David Yang wrote:POLYPHONIE - Apoyando

ARPEGGI

SCHIARAZULA MARAZULA

Hi all, I have a question. What does this "1020" mean above the damping symbol? Thanks.
1020.png
David,
Great to see you made it. You sounded very good. You had some nice speed on the apeggi and it sounded good. I like how you went higher on the neck too during marazula.
:bravo:
Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:00 am

Marko Räsänen wrote:Hi David,

That's the left hand fingering for a trill (tr). For more information, see exercise 39 in D03 collection, D03 Classical guitar lesson 06, and an additional lesson about Ornaments in baroque music.

In this case, the lower note D is trilled. It starts with finger 1 fretting 2nd fret E on 4th string to be played at the same time with the upper D note. Then finger 2 is quickly pulled off to open string D, and then hammered on with finger 2 on 2nd fret E, and again pulled off to open string D which will be left ringing with the upper D for the remainder of the note duration.

You won't begin mordent and trill practice until lesson 6, but there is of course nothing to keep you from getting a head start.
Thanks Marko! Good catch David! :bravo:

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Bill, very beautiful and very clean your interpretations.
David, I liked your ease and facility to play the parts.
George, what happened, not at my cock still intact with all its plumage, ha ha ha, a greeting.

Bill, muy hermosa y muy limpia tus interpretaciones.
David, me ha gustado mucho tu soltura y facilidad para tocar las piezas.
Jorge, qué pasó, para nada mi gallo sigue con todo su plumaje intacto, ja ja ja, un saludo.

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm

I congratulate DAVID Hello , I have carefully listened to your videos and you've done well, you adopt the correct posture , move your left hand very naturally and with accuracy.
I admire your work for this reason I express my admiration .
Cheers

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello everyone, MARKO , JOHN sending the video here I lack , has not been easy for me to bring it to perfection as it should be, if you consider that I should do it again gladly will.
Tell me all the bad things I have done to try to correct
Thank you.
BIG GEORGE

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Here is the first Polyphony exercise (I thought I had included it in the original post...)

Youtube

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”