[PDF] Lawson, Jeremiah - Fugue in G# minor

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Jeremiah Lawson

[PDF] Lawson, Jeremiah - Fugue in G# minor

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Okay, with this post the two following threads have a new context:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26486&p=265221&hil ... to#p265221

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26489&p=263818&hil ... to#p263818

These threads above used to be my ostinato studies 1 and 2 in G sharp minor. Well, with this new thread consider study 1 to be a prelude and consider study 2 to be a postlude. THIS thread now constitutes the fugue for a prelude, fugue, and postlude in G sharp minor for solo guitar. Hope nobody minds. So now if you want you can downlod this fugue and play all three pieces in a row to give it a new musical context and consider it all one piece, or you can play any of the pieces as individual works.

I finished this piece back in October and never got around to posting it and since two thirds of the prelude, fugue, and postlude are already here on Delcamp I figure I might as well put the fugue up, too. I hope you enjoy the piece. It's pretty trite in a few places but I cut myself a lot of slack about that on account of the key.
Prelude and Fugue in G sharp minor.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owl

Re: WenatcheeTheHatchet - Fugue in G sharp minor for guitar

Post by owl » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 pm

As always, your work is of the highest standard... thank you for posting
All three pieces have their own challenges... it will be interesting to play them in succession

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Jeremiah Lawson

Re: [PDF] WenatcheeTheHatchet - Fugue in G sharp minor for guitar

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks owl. Should you get a chance to play them in succession I'd love to know what you think of how the three parts fit together. I'm working on them myself and I hope to record one of the prelude and fugue pairings for guitar one of these days. I'm leaning toward this one.

serl

Re: [PDF] WenatcheeTheHatchet - Fugue in G sharp minor for guitar

Post by serl » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:00 pm

This looks very interesting indeed (a bit scary key for guitar though :shock: ). I'm just a beginner, so I can't play it from the beginning to the end myself, but it'd be very interesting to hear the recording :merci:

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”