[PDF] Giuliani, Mauro - op.043/06 Andante in C

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
flameproof

[PDF] Giuliani, Mauro - op.043/06 Andante in C

Post by flameproof » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Somehow there doesn't seem to be a version of this on Delcamp already, so here you go.

If anyone can tell me which numbered work of Giuliani this piece corresponds to, then I'll add some fingering :) (See this thread here)

Natan identified the Andante is Op.43, No.6, so I dutifully added fingering and tweaked the score so that it corresponds to that held by the Danish Royal Library (I had originally omitted some slurs and "my" coda was different).

The late inimitable cam can be heard playing this Andante quite splendidly here.

[EDIT: corrected some small typos in the score]
[EDIT: added fingering]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by flameproof on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

owl

Re: [PDF] GIULIANI, Mauro - Andante in C

Post by owl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Ah, Tales of the Riverbank... thank you Flamey

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 pm

owl wrote:Ah, Tales of the Riverbank...
So it isn't true that they renamed it "Yarns of the Murrumbidgee" for broadcast in Oz?

V :wink:

PS Thank you for the score Flameproof. :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

juerg

Post by juerg » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 pm

What a nice piece! I couldn't resist picking up the guitar righ away and give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing Flameproof!

owl

Post by owl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Vesuvio wrote:
owl wrote:Ah, Tales of the Riverbank...
So it isn't true that they renamed it "Yarns of the Murrumbidgee" for broadcast in Oz?
LOL V... I think I'll adopt that one! :lol:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

musikai

Re: [PDF] Giuliani, Mauro - Andante in C

Post by musikai » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:38 pm

This musescore score looks so beautiful. They learned a lot from Lilypond. It's a pity that there are no chord diagrams and tabstaff available in this software.

flameproof, a little question: why didn't you export the score directly to pdf in musescore? The filesize would be a 1/10th.

Greetings
Kai
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

flameproof

Post by flameproof » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 pm

musikai wrote:flameproof, a little question: why didn't you export the score directly to pdf in musescore? The filesize would be a 1/10th.
Erm, I did. Perhaps I have some settings wrong, I'll check later as I'm currently on orders to go and cook.

musikai

Post by musikai » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:33 pm

It isn't so important only that your pdf saves the score as raster image.
If i export as PDF-file (using MuseScore on WinXp) the PDFs have the musicfonts embedded (e.g. Mscore20 or Mscore120).
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

flameproof

Re: [PDF] Giuliani, Mauro - Op.43, No.6: " -Andante in C" -

Post by flameproof » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:52 pm

musikai,

I believe that the difference is that I was using 9.3, I have installed 9.4 and as you can see the PDF is much smaller.

To all,

I'd appreciate any thoughts/complaints/questions on the fingering I have chosen. In bars 38-40 I have placed the whole of the run on the second string -- this is not just because the player must be bored with 1st position by then, but it also helps in the articulation of the run -- some may prefer a more obvious choice here.

Also, bar 40 seems wrong to me -- I prefer:
ossia_small.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:18 pm

flameproof wrote: I'd appreciate any thoughts/complaints/questions on the fingering I have chosen. In bars 38-40 I have placed the whole of the run on the second string -- this is not just because the player must be bored with 1st position by then, but it also helps in the articulation of the run -- some may prefer a more obvious choice here.
nice score Flamey :bravo: Never heard this before, I guess I've never seen? watched? Tales of the Riverbank or indeed heard this Andante in C. I'd be tempted to play 38 and the first half of 39 in third position (having the pinky stretch to the A on the 4th string) for a more arpeggio sound because I wouldn't want to labour a not terribly interesting run, and then continue on the second string up to the A and back down again as you've put it. But that's just finding an alternative for the sake of it really!
Thine eyes have scarce a charm for me

flameproof

Post by flameproof » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Ubik wrote:...I'd be tempted to play 38 and the first half of 39 in third position... ...because I wouldn't want to labour a not terribly interesting run...
I'm sure that works too. I agree the run is uninteresting (but necessary to bring us "home"), which is why I pushed the boat out a little.

I'm sorry you never knew the joy of Tales Of The Riverbank, it probably wouldn't have the same impact if you watched it now, but I'm glad you've met a new piece (it's not earth-shattering, but it has its charms). Not having visions of Hammy Hamster floating around your head might make it easier to play.

Stephen_A

Post by Stephen_A » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:27 am

Hi Flameproof,
I'd like to add my thanks for this score. Though I'm sure I don't have anything constructive to offer to the discussion, I can say I'm one of the privileged to have watched the antics of Hammy the Hamster, and even then I noticed how charming the music was.
Stephen.

rob8624

Re: [PDF] Giuliani, Mauro - op.043/06 Andante in C

Post by rob8624 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Been asked to play this piece and I need the score. I can see the first page on the PDF but the second page is blank - does anyone have a good link including the second page. I can find one with tab underneath but this really puts me off when reading it.

Sussie

Post by Sussie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:32 pm

I also can only see the first page of the music. Does anyone know where is can get a full copy of both parts of this beautiful piece please?

rob8624

Post by rob8624 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:40 pm

It was emailed to me, the copy here was corrupted. I can forward it to you if I can find the email.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”