[PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO 27/01

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO 27/01

Post by MartinY » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:03 am

Attached is a guitar version of the bassoon part for Beethoven's little duo for clarinet and bassoon WoO27 No. 1. You will find the other parts for various instruments such as flute, clarinet, recorder.... at:

http://www.icking-music-archive.org/ByC ... thoven.php

What there is here is an urtext of the single notes as presented in the 19th century collected Beethoven edition. I am going to experiment with thickening it up into a few chords etc... but I think there is something to be said for retaining the original two part structure.

If anyone is interested I will do a similar post for No. 2, changing F Major to E Major and number 3, changing Bb Major to A major, which will then give upper lines suitable for flute or violin. Any comments?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

avoz

Re: [PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO27 No 1

Post by avoz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:50 am

:merci: I agree with your observation regarding the original two-part structure, but some harmonisation shouldn't do much damage. Though not ideal (sounding one octave lower) the original clarinet (in C) part can be played on guitar, so you have provided a nice duo for guitars (or flute, violin etc. as alternatives to clarinet in C).

Vesuvio

Re: [PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO27 No 1

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 am

Good morning Martin,

Thank you very much for sharing your score—what a lot of work!

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”