[PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO 27/03 - Duo

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO 27/03 - Duo

Post by MartinY » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

This contains the final duo from Beethoven WoO27 for clarinet and bassoon. Once again other parts can be found at:

http://www.icking-music-archive.org/ByC ... thoven.php

this one has a hard set of variations and is in Bb Major. Alternative parts in A Major are provided here. This could be used with a treble recorder at A=415, (treble recorder is my favourite all purpose top line instrument...).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

avoz

Re: [PDF] beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO27 No. 3 Duet

Post by avoz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

MartinY, :merci: for this second clarinet/bassoon duet - both of which are fitting companions to the early mandolin-piano duets which have been arranged for guitar(s). These movements divide nicely into 2 X 3 pages for printing, i.e. after printing pages 1-3 they can be turnd over (in reverse order) for printing pp. 4-6, which when taped together reduce problems of accommodation on the music stand.

MartinY

Re: [PDF] beethoven, Ludwig van - WoO27 No. 3 Duet

Post by MartinY » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I make up my parts into A4 books, ordered by instrumental combination, so that they sit on the bookshelf nicely. I try to have 3 pages as the maximum without possible page turns and stick the 3rd page to the 2nd as a foldout. It is a lot of work but it is worth it. The worst solution is a pile of unattached A4 sheets. You always lose one and get them all really dog-eared.

There are still one or two chamber works where there is no solution to the turnover problem, even for string quartet parts. (Modern guitar music provides loads of examples of continual playing of music which is hard to memorise, needs to be printed fairly large and goes on for pages......).

As you say back to back double or triple A4 is a nice format if you can print the right things on the back of eachother. I still get it wrong sometimes. Thanks ..... Martin.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”