[PDF] Lawson, Jeremiah - Duo for violin and guitar

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Jeremiah Lawson

[PDF] Lawson, Jeremiah - Duo for violin and guitar

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 am

Some of you may recognize this as the middle theme in Little Song. This is its original form, as part of a duo with the guitar that calls for drop D tuning. Basically the whole point of this piece was an excuse to play the melody in harmonics on the guitar while the violin plays pizzicato accompaniment underneath the guitar line. When the opportunity to compose works built around unique timbrel combinations present themselves I can't resist writing them. :)

This piece was a spectacularly belated composition commemorating the marriage of two good friends of mine. It just so happens the wife played violin and the husband plays guitar. Alas the piece probably won't get played by them because they are new parents and the wife just wrapped up a doctorate in chemistry last year to boot (the wife also lent her fiddle to someone who may not have returned it). So I'm posting it on Delcamp. If you're a guitarist dating or married to a violinist then consider this piece particularly targeted to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anthony Campanella

Re: [PDF] WenatcheeTheHatchet: Duo for violin & - guitar

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 am

Looks interesting. Hope to hear it!

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”