[PDF] Couperin, François - Les Barricades Mystérieuses

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Michele Franceschini
Student of the online lessons

Re: [PDF] Couperin, François - Les Barricades Mystérieuses

Post by Michele Franceschini » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:44 pm

bazzerhut wrote:OK, so I'm trying to learn Enno Voorhorst's arrangement, so beautifully played here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bblfBV ... 0ag&lf=BFa

At 0' 54", is that really an extraordinarily deft right-hand cross-string trill, or has the whole thing indeed been finger-synced in the studio after the fact, with a "normal" left-hand trill inserted at this point? It's true that there's no visible sign of any microphone or pickup. What does the team think?

Barry
Apologies for the necroposting but I've been learning this piece and I asked myself the same question when I watched Enno's video. It turns out that's a right hand A-B trill. I'm basing myself on Yates' transcription but I made a few changes here and there. From what I can see Enno is playing a transcription extremely similar to the Yates version.

Samuel.Bodo

Post by Samuel.Bodo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello All,

How do I get permission to view this file? I just heard this piece the other day and it sounds absolutely wonderful, I would like to take a look to get an idea of the piece structure.

- Sam

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks, Les, for an arrangement that allows me to play one of my favourite pieces.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

Leslie

Post by Leslie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:04 pm

So I am now 10 years after your original post, but perhaps not too late to say thank you for the wonderful music! Leslie
-----There is no way to peace, peace is the way. A J Muste

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”