[PDF] Buxtehude, Dieterich - op.02/01 Trio Sonata - Duo

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Buxtehude, Dieterich - op.02/01 Trio Sonata - Duo

Post by MartinY » Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm

This piece is an experiment on several counts. We have struggled to play the Buxtehude trio sonatas with the proper instruments, (violin, bass viol, bass viol / cello and continuo), and never really produced a satisfactory result. (Buxtehude himself played the viol in these ensembles.) I thought, ah the guitar is a tenor instrument like the obligatto viol, so why not put the obligatto viol part with the bass line on the guitar, and play them with just two people. The piece is originally in Bb so it is moved down a semi-tone to A.

It is quite hard, not to say really hard for a few bars, and I forsee ensemble difficulties so I have done the score landscape so that you can paste it together in an A3 size book without any difficult page turns, so that both players can see what they are supposed to be doing. The guitar part can also get the same treatment to avoid turnovers. Thanks to Johan Tufvesson and Project Runeberg for making some primary material available.

The violin part might fit on other instruments with just a few octave changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sean

Re: [PDF] Buxtehude, Dietrich - op.02/01 Trio Sonata - Duo

Post by Sean » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks for sharing this! I'd like to see more duos, trios, and quartets here!

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”