[PDF] Gabrieli, Giovanni - 2 Septimi Toni - Ensemble Sextet

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Gabrieli, Giovanni - 2 Septimi Toni - Ensemble Sextet

Post by MartinY » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am

Attached is a sextet version of the 2nd Canzona from Gabrieli's 1597 publication in the seventh tone. We have to use the publication numbers because there is more than one canzona in the same tone so the title does not identify the canzona. Ideally we should Charteris numbers so if anyone has access to Richard Charteris' thematic catalogue of Gabrieli's works I could put the Charteris numbers on the 4 canzonas I have published here.

This canzona comes out from 8 to 6 parts to allow the two high lines freedom to play their fancy stuff. The other 4 guitars might like to simplify or thicken their parts according to the player's taste. I hope you can get six guitars who can play this stuff. So far we have had to use computerised assistance but one day maybe.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartinY

Re: [PDF] Gabrieli, Giovanni - 2 Septimi Toni - Ensemble Sext

Post by MartinY » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm

This one is Charteris Catlaogue number 171.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”