[PDF] Vivaldi, Antonio - RV 042? 'Cello Sonata in A Minor

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Vivaldi, Antonio - RV 042? 'Cello Sonata in A Minor

Post by MartinY » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 pm

This is the solo arrangement of the 'cello sonata which is either RV42 or 43. I will get at the catalogue sometime when I go to a university library and find out..... I have extensively altered the 2nd part by an octave down to remove part crossing and give a nice fingerboard layout. It then looks very nice, a bit like an original baroque lute piece, though I do not know whether any original Vivaldi existed for solo lute? I think not........

I have just found a 'cello sonata in A minor purporting to be RV 43, and it is not this one, so the assumption is that this is indeed RV 42. (This is the Ryom number from a 726 page thematic catalogue of which I have not yet located a library copy.) I see that Vivaldi has used lute as the 2nd instrument in a couple of trio sonatas and there are concertos of some kind using lute........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bernhard Heimann

Re: [PDF] Vivaldi, Antonio - RV 042? 'Cello Sonata in A Minor

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

Hello Martin!

Not only Bach cello sonatas fit well on the guitar - you've given us another excellent example!

:merci:

Bernhard

MartinY

Post by MartinY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 am

I got hold of what seems to be the abridged Ryom catalogue, (only about 200 pages wheras I expected 721), yesterday. Unfortunately I saw to my horror that this sonata is RV 044 not RV 042.

I think I had better reload it with the right Ryom number and hope the moderators can alter things to stop propagation of errors.

RV 039, originally in E flat, is correct in my posts.

If anyone is interested the six Vivaldi sonatas on IMSLP which are the Paris publication are. (1) RV 047, (2) RV 041, (3) RV 043, (4) RV 045, (5) RV 040, (6) RV 046.
I do not know why the two sequences are different. Perhaps Ryom has manuscript concordance evidence that they were written in his order.

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:34 am

:merci: Martin!
:casque: :bravo:
:( + ♫ = :)

kingkong

Post by kingkong » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Excellent, many thanks for this.

Julio

Post by Julio » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 pm

once again, thanks for the wonderful and perfect transcription of a beautiful Vivaldi piece!

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”