[PDF] Susato, Tielman - Ronde Nos. 3456 - Duo

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
MartinY

[PDF] Susato, Tielman - Ronde Nos. 3456 - Duo

Post by MartinY » Sun May 01, 2011 3:01 pm

This is another installment of Susato Dances for guitar duet, this time Ronde numbers 3, 4, 5 and 6. They are all tramsposed down a minor 3rd and the notes are exactly what Susato wrote.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kingkong

Re: [PDF] Susato, Tielman - Ronde Nos. 3456 - Duo

Post by kingkong » Sun May 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks, especially for no. 6, which is one of my Susato favourites. Do you have any suggestions how to reduce this to a solo version?

MartinY

Post by MartinY » Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 am

The best way I think is to take lines 1 and 4, and maybe 3, and make them an initial treble / bass duo. Then thicken the chords on the strong beats according to common practice harmony and add as much of the middle two parts as is convenient for the fingers..... That should work. If you do Ronde 6 that way I will try another one, maybe Basse Dances 1 and 2...... Martin.

kingkong

Post by kingkong » Mon May 02, 2011 6:46 pm

OK, I'll give it a try. Theoretically it seems possible to play everything as is on one guitar.
If you haven't already started: I'd appreciate a solo version of BD 2 (Bergerette) and of the other Bergerette by Susato.

MartinY

Post by MartinY » Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Yes - very often it is possible to play every note of the piece but it results in a piece which lacks the fluidity and naturalness of many contemporary lute arrangements. However some lutenists, and I am thinking particularly of Valentin Bakfark, go to great lengths to get every single note in, where most lutenists rewrite the piece quite a bit.....

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”