[PDF] stebinus - Month of May

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
stebinus

[PDF] stebinus - Month of May

Post by stebinus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm

This is a Renaissance style guitar or lute piece I wrote several years ago. You can hear a recording of it by going to my profile and clicking on my website where this is the second piece on the page. Although I composed it on a midi keyboard I kept the voices down to a minimum and within a narrow range to hopefully enable actual performance on guitar or lute. I am an acoustic guitar player who learned to play guitar w/o learning notation so I'm afraid the score is pretty basic. I have not attempted to play it as it is probably beyond my technique so I'm not sure of the difficulty but I have a feeling it is up there. I originally wrote it in the key of A which I realize is probably not workable on a classical guitar as the highest note is an A five spaces above the staff. I'm afraid I don't know enough about lute to say if that would work better and I don't know how common it is for classical guitarists to own extended range instruments. I do like the brightness of sound for it at this pitch but assuming that is unworkable I am wondering what the highest reasonable key would be. I have attached scores in the original key and then one transposed down to D and I would appreciate any input on what key would be the most playable including any others. I am also interested in knowing what insurmountable technical obstacles it has and am open to suggestions for modifications. In addition I would like to get any input on correcting and improving the notation. I hope this doesn't cause any dire consternation but I have created a fictitious composer for it using a linguistic play on my real name because I like to play around with language and my real name seems out of place on it. If anyone actually learns it I would love to hear about that. The tempo should be about quarter=84bpm.

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to your feedback.
Month of May A.pdf
Month of May D.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”