[PDF] Tallis, Thomas; If Ye Love Me

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum. Subscribe to the "002 Usergroup" for permission to download these scores for classical guitar.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename; op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac; op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J.; op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon.; Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.

[PDF] Tallis, Thomas; If Ye Love Me

Postby MartinY » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:41 pm

This is Tallis' famous motet If Ye Love Me as a duet and a solo. There is no fingering as though it is my arrangement and not an original lute setting you might prefer the 3=F# tuning for this piece. Of course the guitar layout is just as authentically Elizabethan or Jacobean because the bandora stringing has the 3rd in the guitar position so bandora parts have the feel of modern guitar tuning...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
Martin Grayson, former forum member
Passed away in May 2012.
MartinY

Re: [PDF] Tallis, Thomas; If Ye Love Me

Postby pogmoor » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks for this - I used to sing it as a choirboy; it'll take me back :)
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
pogmoor

Return to Our scores for classical guitar