The GCM PROJECT featuring Locango trio

Your reviews and recommendations. To promote your own CDs, use the Members' Announcements section.
ben etow

The GCM PROJECT featuring Locango trio

Post by ben etow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Dear fellow delcampers,

I would like to present a project which I enjoy very much for several reasons. First reason is that I’m playing chamber music again (I like playing alone, but musical exchanges and other repertoire is nice too, right?). And the second reason is that I am not only playing with a fellow guitarist (we have several teachers and a great luthier in common), but also with an outstanding cello player – beautifully singing, obsessed with intonation, who had classes with Yo-Yo Ma and a Hagen Quartet member among others, played in famous halls (Carnegie Hall, Paris’ Cité de la Musique, …) and has been a member of the Flanders Symphony Orchestra for years… which means it is a real challenge for me.

Well, Locango trio is born and it plays recent music, mostly composed by Belgian musicians (Armand Coeck, who you may know from Constellations, and Boris Gaquere – Xeque-Mate, Obrigado), but with a Latin touch (Villa-Lobos, Piazzolla) as well.
gcm.jpg
For the time being, we give concerts in our small country :D (Brussels, Namur, Liège, Brugge…).

This is our first website (not updated, but containing some files): http://locango.snack.ws/

Furthermore, we give concert within a broader program/project also featuring a guitar-
flute duo and a guitar-cello duo: the GCM Project (Guitar in Chamber Music).

Here is the presentation of our first CD (with English subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUQ_qs4gXo

Updated info on the new website: www.acrochnoteartists.com
THE GCM PROJECT - CD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simonm

Re: The GCM PROJECT featuring Locango trio

Post by simonm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Thanks Ben. I enjoyed listening to the cd presentation video. Apart from the music, I love the way that languages are mixed. All the best with the project.

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you so much, simonm.
The video and the trio reflect multilingual Belgium... And I translated our comments into English for the subtitles (I guess it is useful to many).

You can here the full track of Apricale by once Assad's protégé Boris Gaquere on soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/user-451096395/a ... is-gaquere
Score available at d'Oz (I think they promote it with our track BTW).
Last edited by ben etow on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Program of the CD:

Macedonian Song - A. Ourkouzounov (Alcantara)
guitarra and flute

Broken - B. Ducène (Locango)
2 guitars and cello

L’Istesso Tempo - N. Koshkin (Edenwood)
guitar and cello

Apricale - B. Gaquere (Locango)
2 guitars and cello

Agua e Vinho - E. Gismonti (Edenwood)
guitar and cello

Amasia - L. Boutros (Alcantara)
guitar and flute

Oblivion - A. Piazzolla (Locango)