Let's Analyze Another Piece! Part 1 of 2

Analyses of individual works for Classical Guitar and general discussions on analysis. Normal forum copyright rules apply.
markworthi

Re: Let's Analyze Another Piece! Part 1 of 2

Post by markworthi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Great! I am really starting to understand this, and I have to thank you again for taking all the time to put these posts together. Your pedagogical approach is, to me, much more effective than many of the books I've been plodding through! Especially useful have been your parenthetical "Important Points". Over and over again, these have clarified concepts that have been left murky or have been made as presaging remarks (presumably to be followed up on later) in the textbooks I've been reading. So thank you, Steve!

And now, I can continue on.

All the best,

Mark

Iain

Post by Iain » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:14 am

Hi, great stuff.
Unlike most teachers,who simply inform pupils, what they know, ( the teacher that is.)
Your method of actually teaching, what you know,by breaking the music down into
simple components,then explaining, and rebuilding them ,is so easy to follow.
I now have a clear mental picture of chord structure I never had before.
Thanks for all your time and hard work.

Iain.

stevel

Post by stevel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:22 pm

I had a few questions about and references to this series that I'm going to bump them in hopes for more visibility.

Best,
Steve

Zed McJack

Post by Zed McJack » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 am

Excellent analysis Steve, although I am not really able to read notes the explanation as is is really good and I can follow. I am even thinking that I should push and learn reading notes more proficiently that I do :oops: .

stevel

Post by stevel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Zed McJack wrote:Excellent analysis Steve, although I am not really able to read notes the explanation as is is really good and I can follow. I am even thinking that I should push and learn reading notes more proficiently that I do :oops: .
You should absolutely learn to read notes better!

Just take some small simple piece - even "nursery rhyme" type pieces and work through one a night - take about a half hour and get as much as you can. Do a different piece each night. In a month, come back and try that first piece again and I bet you'll be surprised how much more quickly and accurately you can get through it! You could even start with one of those simple Mel Bay or Hal Leonard level 1 books - no shame in that if you're learning to read - you'll get better by doing it regularly, so starting very simple and just chipping away at it is the way to go.

Return to “Analysis of Classical Guitar Works”