Greetings from Loomis California

lhayashi

Greetings from Loomis California

Post by lhayashi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Lee and I stumbled upon this forum while looking for information on choro guitars. I am 60 years old and have been playing off and on since I was a teen. As I approach retirement, I realize that there is not a whole lot of time left so I'd better play as much music as possible so I am currently in a swing group, a gypsy group and a choro ensemble. I know very little about choro music and even less about classical guitars and to that point, seven string guitars. I saw a great post by Colorado luthier, Robert O'Brien on this site and this sparked my interest. Hope to learn much wisdom from you all on this forum. Sadly, I am not a classical guitarist. I can read jazz chord charts but as far as reading the staff, I start gasping after the 4th measure, reading is definitely on my to-do list.

Regards,
Lee

KeMe

Re: Greetings from Loomis California

Post by KeMe » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 am

Hello Lee,
Welcome to the Delcamp Forum. It’s wonderful that you found us and have joined with our community of classical guitarists.:discussion:
Our members are very friendly so please feel free to join any discussions that are of interest to you and to start new ones.
Please have a look at this page for some important information to help you get started.

As soon as you have 2 posts you will have access to all members' scores and recordings, and can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

We have a wealth of knowledge within our members who are always very happy to help answer any questions that you may have.
I’m glad that you are here and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Timothy Morgan
Student of the online lessons

Re: Greetings from Loomis California

Post by Timothy Morgan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello Lee,
Welcome to the Forum, I am very new here and am enjoying it a great deal!

Thanks
Tim
1995 Alvarez Artist 5003
2009 Taylor 114e
1974 Epiphone Caballero FT-130 SB

Return to “Introduce yourself”