Summer's Greeting from Utah, USA.

mowgli5555

Summer's Greeting from Utah, USA.

Post by mowgli5555 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello all.

My name is Josh (32 years old), and recently I had been lurking on the website. I started playing music in my early 20's and always wished I had begun at an earlier age.
Not a single person in my family played music growing up, but music was always within me from a young age.

Early on, I started with a Taylor 110E and I enjoyed it through some beginner college courses. Then just evolved into personal studies from various books, and internet sources.
Large body acoustic guitars eventually just felt too big, and I drifted towards the electric guitar.

Years back, I picked up an inexpensive classical type acoustic guitar, and quickly discover the enjoyment of a slightly smaller body acoustic.
A few years later after picking up the acoustic guitar again, a used Alvarez CY popped up locally, and I bit.

Still quite a beginner instrument, it feels much more stout, the instrument is louder, and the 660mm scales suits me well.
This will be my left arm "main player" just about wherever I go. The grade is player condition, and it will be played.

Hopefully I get the opportunity to chime in on a few subjects in the near future and meet a few people.
My goal in years to come is just to play live in front of an audience. It is a slight fear that I need to overcome. Josh

oski79

Re: Summer's Greeting from Utah, USA.

Post by oski79 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:50 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

oski79

Re: Summer's Greeting from Utah, USA.

Post by oski79 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:50 am

PS... Josh... Best wishes in your classical guitar journey. It'll be a long and winding road, but totally worth every step!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”