Aloha

Peter Frary

Aloha

Post by Peter Frary » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 am

Howdy folks, my name is Peter Frary and I'm a musician from the balmy Kingdom of Hawaii. I'm an active YouTuber, like long walks on the beach, drink black coffee and dabble in landscape photography. Any who, I came here because I read a discussion on tuning heads with 36mm roller spacing and, yep, I need a set for a beloved 1992 Douglas Ching. I'm not sure why he designed it with 36mm Rodgers but the guitar is great albeit the tuners are toast. About 20 years ago I replaced the heads on my 1965 Ramirez 1A with a set of Gotohs with 36mm rollers and, after all these years, they still look and work perfectly. Anybody know of a dealer carrying Gotohs with 36mm roller spacing? Or perhaps another "affordable" brand (i.e., under a couple Benjamins).

Mahalo
Last edited by Peter Frary on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I play a Cordoba Mini so I look taller on stage!

James Lister
Luthier

Re: Aloha

Post by James Lister » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Delcamp!

Please feel free to join in with existing discussions, or to start your own topic. The members here are very friendly and supportive, and if you need any extra help, you can ask one of the moderators (usernames shown in green, except mine, which is purple, as I'm also a luthier).

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please follow this link: Our welcome page

You already have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. When you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit.

We recommend that members add their location in their profile - to do so just click on your name at the top right of the page, select "User Control Panel", then on the "Profile" tab, and enter your town/region/country in the "Location" field.

Enjoy the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 am

Hey Peter great to have you here, sir! I've learned a lot ftom your videos throughout the years...they are a great resource. Hope you find your tuners - maybe try posting the inquiry in the luthiers section too. Regards,
Tate
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”