Greetings from Austin, TX

MojoRisin

Greetings from Austin, TX

Post by MojoRisin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:58 pm

I'm basically a middle-aged hobbyist who took up guitar about 5 years ago with zero prior musical experience and have been playing steadily ever since. I've focused almost entirely on classical and fingerstyle. I've never taken any formal lessons, but I do learn well from internet resources. I'm a software developer by trade. I'm reaching a point where I could certainly benefit from some further interaction with other players and am excited to join this forum community.

oski79

Re: Greetings from Austin, TX

Post by oski79 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

fraim

Post by fraim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:32 am

living in dallas these days... so...howdy?? & welcome to the forum. lots of great people here & some fantastic players! enjoy!

MojoRisin

Post by MojoRisin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 pm

oski79 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 pm
Welcome to Delcamp!

fraim wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:32 am
living in dallas these days... so...howdy?? & welcome to the forum. lots of great people here & some fantastic players! enjoy!
Nice to meet you both. I appreciate the warm welcome. :merci:

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Stay safe in Austin during the storm! Welcome!
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Introduce yourself”