Greetings from Vietnam

Tien Dat Nguyen

Greetings from Vietnam

Post by Tien Dat Nguyen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:10 am

I have played guitar for one year, the first 6 months I just learned to recognize notes, played some chords to rhythm for a song. It's really fun to play and sing simultaneously. But I realized that I really don't understand the guitar at all b/c I don't know why I had to play like this or like that so I decided to invest more on fundamentals. I loved classical guitar when I heard some pieces on youtube like romance de amour, canon in D by Per Olov Kindgren :casque: . In Vietnam the resources for classical guitar are quite insufficient. Most beginners start with Ferdinando Carulli's lessons and it take from 1-2 yrs. I am currently practicing hammer-on and pull-off :) . Here is my story. I hope the forum will help me to improve my guitar knowledge
:merci:

oski79

Re: Greetings from Vietnam

Post by oski79 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:04 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”