The Geico insurance commercial titled-Flat tire Guitar solo

Inquisitive

The Geico insurance commercial titled-Flat tire Guitar solo

Post by Inquisitive » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:20 am

Hello and greetings to all. :wink: This is Inquisitive Chris and I'm from New Jersey in the U.S. Although I don't play myself (I wish), I do LOVE listening to some great guitar. :casque: I usually tend to gravitate towards the Spanish influence which is part of the reason why I decided to
join this forum. So I'm really hoping that one or more of you would be able to help me in finding out the original version :?: of this very interesting guitar piece that the small boy in the back seat SEEMS to be playing.

Search YouTube for "flat tire guitar solo - Geico"

I can't tell if he is or if he isn't actually playing because I know some amazing special effects can be achieved with the use of CGI and I have a feeling that that is the case in this commercial. But this is neither here nor there. I would just like to find out what the name of this guitar piece is and the composer / artist or ANYTHING that can help me get to the bottom of this. Because I've come up with nothing but dead ends and it's getting to be very frustrating. :? So since there are many people out there who are more knowledgeable than myself, I'm turning to the forum for help and guidance. So does anyone out there actually KNOW this piece of music?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :merci: I.C. :bye:

lagartija

Re: The Geico insurance commercial titled-Flat tire Guitar solo

Post by lagartija » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to Delcamp! This is a commercial free site, and the rules don't allow links to commercial sites...or to commercials, ;-) so I changed your link to a search string.
Sorry, but I don't know the piece he is playing.

Someone else may come along who does know though, so stay tuned.
If you like listening to guitar music, after your second post is approved by a moderator, you will be able to listen to the recordings uploaded by our members. To keep your account current, you must post at least once a month...so feel free to comment on the videos people posted and let the player know if you enjoyed it.
:bye:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: The Geico insurance commercial titled-Flat tire Guitar solo

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Inquisitive wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:20 am
... So I'm really hoping that one or more of you would be able to help me in finding out the original version :?: of this very interesting guitar piece that the small boy in the back seat SEEMS to be playing.
Search YouTube for "flat tire guitar solo - Geico"
I can't tell if he is or if he isn't actually playing because I know some amazing special effects can be achieved with the use of CG...
I've a feeling this question has been raised around here before. My view is that its just a bit of made up fluff that doesn't belong to anything in particular. Having watched it a few times I suspect trickery, either CGI or something strange with somebody sitting behind the boy and the right arm plumbed into his jumper. The left arm is so behind the driver's seat you don't see it, just the hand, and it looks wrong to me.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Introduce yourself”