Hi I'm new..H

Jaz

Hi I'm new..H

Post by Jaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi,
My name's is James and I live in Scotland. I've played guitar for longer than I care to remember and although mainly electric I've been known to dabble with acoustic. I have just recently purchased an old classical that is really nicely made and appears to be 146 of 367 and is signed and numbered in pen. Please see picture. It's by a guitar maker with the name " Miller" but also says it's made in Japan. I'm very much in the loop in electric circles but can't find anything on this maker. I intent to restring it and hopefully keep it as it's a nicely appointed guitar if showing some signs of wear. I hope this isn't inappropriate post but figure who better to have potential knowledge than your members. If inappropriate, please remove.

Many thanks

James.

oski79

Re: Hi I'm new..H

Post by oski79 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, James!

FYI there is no picture attached to your post...

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Jaz

Post by Jaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi Oski79,
I tried to up load but will try again.

Thanks

Jaz

Post by Jaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,
Showing images to large so being a bit of a beginner with PCs will try get them reduced. :oops:

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi James. A warm welcome from Glasgow.

You may well have seen this page already - if not, it may help.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”