Greetings from Poznan, Poland

wmkone

Greetings from Poznan, Poland

Post by wmkone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi, just another classical guitar enthusiast joins the group :D I am playing the instrument (as hobby) almost all my life (for short periods) with (many long) breaks. I love the sound, simplicity and capabilities of the classical guitar. I am looking for inspiration and help in further development.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from Poznan, Poland

Post by GeoffB » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi wmkone,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Post by Jim Imbur » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Welcome!

I recently became familiar with Poznan while searching family geneology records from Klecko.

Glad you joined Delcamp.

wmkone

Post by wmkone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Thank you!

Although, I never visited Klecko I know it is in the neighbourhood. My family also comes from this region (near Gniezno).

I am looking forward to be part of the community.

Christopher C.

Post by Christopher C. » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of inspiration in the recordings here.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Welcome ! it is a pleasure to see another person from home; just two days ago I was close to Poznań - namely in Swarzędz visiting a Friend who just built a very nice guitar of maple and spruce. It sounds promising and we wonder how it will sound when it will open.

And may I ask: what guitar/guitars do you play ? I am interesting in classical guitars and relation between materials, type of construction and sound characteristics.

With my best

Jacek
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.

wmkone

Post by wmkone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 am

Hello Jacek!

Its great to hear about nearby community. I have to admit that building a guitar (actually any instrument) is like magic to me...

Currently, I play an old Esteve 1.4ST. Up to now it was sufficient for my erratic approach. Recently, I become more consistent and started to look around for a new instrument. This is one of many reasons why I am here.

Best,

Wojtek

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 am

Hi, Wojtku,

I am enclosing links to threads on this newly build guitar at Polish luthier's forum, maybe it will be of an interest to you.

https://www.forumlutnicze.pl/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3795&
https://www.forumlutnicze.pl/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3459

Yes it is quite difficult to find a decent classical guitar at home and prices are, hm, speccial; it was not so easy for me to acquire my Picado - the story is here:
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=100300

I hope to be in the area of Poznan again in the future, it would be nice to organize a kind of meeting

With my best thoughts and wishes
pozdrawiam serdecznie

Jacek

wmkone

Post by wmkone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am

Thank you for the links Jacek! The guitar looks beautiful and your story about Picado - excellent. I had the impression that luthier guitars are extremely expensive (mainly designed for professionals). Do you know what price range would be for such instrument like shown on the luthier forum?

It would be great to get in touch when you will be around.

Wojtek

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am

Yes Wojtku, one of common beliefs at home is that luthier's built guitars cost a fortune...please, make the comparison with the world outside to see that it is not so bad... it is possible to find really nice instrument for ca 2000 Euro and if used - for much less.

The instrument presented at this Polish luthiers forum - sorry, I have no idea about the eventual price; I will pass your question to the builder/constructor of this guitar.

If you feel like being in touch with me I would suggest to begin email contacts: send me a private message if you would like my email address.

As always

Jacek

EDIT

Soon I'll give you contact data to the constructor of this guitar.

PM sent.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 am

wmkone wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 am
Hello Jacek!
...Recently, I become more consistent and started to look around for a new instrument...

Best,

Wojtek
Hi, Wojtek,

I just sent you PM

As always

Jacek

richard3

Post by richard3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Welcome - I've been in Poznan once, at the wedding of my son. He married a girl fom Poznan. At the same time there was the guitar academy of Lukasz Kuropacewski!
Jose Luis Romanillos 1988, Matthias Dammann 1994, Gernot Wagner 2009, Teodoro Perez Flamenca 2015, Kim Lissarrague 2017

wmkone

Post by wmkone » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Indeed, Łukasz Kuropaczewski teaches at the local academy of music. It is a shame, I never had a chance to listen to his live performance. I will need to grab one of his cds, because not much can be found on the tidal.

Return to “Introduce yourself”