US $.7300 Bertrand Ligier spruce 2015, Philadelphia, PA

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
JayGuitar

US $.7300 Bertrand Ligier spruce 2015, Philadelphia, PA

Post by JayGuitar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Classical Guitar by French Luthier Bertrand Ligier
Year of construction: 2015
Scale length (mm): 650mm, 19 frets
Neck Width: 52mm at the nut with 43.5 mm string spacing.
Top: European spruce - very well quarter-sawn, with medullary rays and some bearclaw figuring. Beautiful rosette.
Back / Sides: Pau Ferro (Machaerium scleroxylon) straight-grained with some sapwood to the lower bouts.
Bracing: Fan braced
Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony fingerboard, rosewood bridge with bone-capped tie-block.
Sound: Clear. Sweet trebles, good balance across the strings. A pleasure to play.
Condition: Excellent, french polished. Part of an embarrassingly large collection so used perhaps once every couple of weeks for a couple of hours each time.
Price: $7300 plus shipping costs.
Viewing / trial possible: Yes.
Tuners: Nicolo Alessi - style 11 with Hauser-shaped side-plates with snakewood inlay and snakewood buttons.
Case: Hiscox Pro II

Selling this guitar is simply an attempt to downsize my collection. Thanks.

Tom

Re: US $7300 Bertrand Ligier Spruce 2015, Philadelphia, PA

Post by Tom » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 pm

The rosette is incredibly beautiful !

JayGuitar

Post by JayGuitar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Tom wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 pm
The rosette is incredibly beautiful !
Yes, it is and it looks even in person. It is just a beautiful, elegant guitar and it sounds great which helps too :D . I wish I could keep them all. Thanks.

Tim522

Post by Tim522 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm

I owned a Ligier for a time very nice guitars.

Section_10

Re: US $.7300 Bertrand Ligier spruce 2015, Philadelphia, PA

Post by Section_10 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 am

As a player of Ligier I can't recommend his guitars enough. It's one of the few guitars that you can crave to play when you've been away from it for a few hours. Truly incredible work going on with these instruments.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 am

Beautiful instrument...I'll keep an eye on it just in case you decide to make a price drop.
Good luck with the sale...my true feelings are you should keep it...may be difficult to replace such a fine guitar.
David V. :casque:
3 hard things for humans to do: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Carrillo Grand Concert '02
Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

JayGuitar

Post by JayGuitar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am

David Gutowski wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 am
Beautiful instrument...I'll keep an eye on it just in case you decide to make a price drop.
Good luck with the sale...my true feelings are you should keep it...may be difficult to replace such a fine guitar.
David V. :casque:
Thanks. Funny you should say this because I was recently telling a friend that I was thinking of selling this guitar but I was also telling him that I really liked it. He suggested I keep it too. Bottomline is that I would like to sell a couple of guitars, I really just have too many guitars. We will see how it goes with this one. Thanks.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am

JayGuitar wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am
... Bottomline is that I would like to sell a couple of guitars, I really just have too many guitars. We will see how it goes with this one. Thanks.
That's what happens... and then there was a reason why you got this guitar in first place, and it becomes difficult to part ways with them ... but the "too many aspect" remains as well.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Vincent Tan

Post by Vincent Tan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 am

I sent a pm! :D

JayGuitar

Post by JayGuitar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Vincent Tan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 am
I sent a pm! :D
pm answered. Thanks.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”