US $..825 Aparicio AA100 spruce, Midland MI - SOLD

US $..825 Aparicio AA100 spruce, Midland MI - SOLD

Postby fitness1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Aparicio classical
650mm - 52mm nut
European Spruce
East Indian Rosewood
Ebony fingerboard/Rosewood bridge
Very balanced in regard to volume and just the right amount of bass and treble response (listen to the recording below)
Condition: details below
825.00 USD
Viewing in Midland MI - I don't do trials because I disclose all imperfections in detail.

I've owned this one far longer than any classical I've had and for good reason. It's really tough to let this go, but I'm finding I'm spending 90% of my time on the Mcknight. I've had it listed a few times now (the moderators are getting tired of deleting it for me) and then decided I just couldn't do it!

Solid spruce top (German, I believe) solid Indian Rosewood back and sides, 52mm nut, 650 scale, ebony fingerboard, rosewood bridge. These have a relatively shallow neck profile compared to many classicals which make them even more appealing to many players.

I've taken a lot of time in dialing in the setup, and fine tuning the intonation by "notching" the saddle. It plays incredibly well up and down the neck and has near perfect balance. I dropped it into open C (one of my favorite nylon tunings) and it just roared.

Structurally, this one is 100%, unfortunately, the previous owner wasn't real fluent in changing strings on a classical and put some string dings in it (see pics). There are also some fine swirls under the strings near the soundhole and on the back (I've buffed/polished most of this out with 3M Imperial glaze) There are 4-5 small dings on the lower bout that are relatively minor....a couple barely breaking the finish.
The only other thing to mention is there are some cloudy dots under the finish on the sides only. I'm guessing this had something to do with moisture coming out of the wood after finishing. They are more visible in bright light of course (the original owner said he played it in a dark room and never even noticed them.....hmmmm) See the pics of these below as well.

I've just cleaned and conditioned the fingerboard and threw a fresh set of D'adarrio Composite normal tension on it.....it sounds great and is ready to go. I also purchased a brand new Geib style case for it (very nice)

These sell for 1650 new, so this is a pretty nice deal for someone wanting a great classical for very little money.

this one is priced reasonably at 850.00 plus shipping and 20.00 for paypal if you chose that route. I will only ship to the lower 48 and am not interested in trades. Shipping will be actual on my Fedex account.

***PRICE DROP TO 825 PLUS SHIPPING/PAYPAL***

Here's a recording of this done by the original owner who is a phenomenal player. Anything else on his Soundcloud page that is listed as "4 months ago" is likely with this instrument as well, especially the ones on page 3-5. These were done before I tweaked the intonation and setup, so you can imagine what it sounds like now!

http://soundcloud.com/aachroach/carcassi-etude-7

Here are the string snaps and you can also see a couple of the smaller dings on the lower bout

And here are the cloudy spots....taken in bright light and photoshopped to make them stand out more....there are probably 10-12 of them around the sides of the guitar.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
McKnight/Poling Sierra - Presentation Koa/Master Italian
Charis SJ Florentine - Koa/BC Sitka
Cordoba C9 - Mahogany/Cedar
fitness1

Return to Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"