US $.4600 Yulong Guo cedar 2013, Grand Rapids, MI

Classical Guitars and Lutes for Sale.
This service is intended for the convenience of members who participate in the forum and is restricted to members of the 002 group and above.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Members are limited to the sale of one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of 15000 euros, though these restrictions are not applied to members who have been registered for at least 6 months, are members of the 060 group, and are known for their frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise several instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Top:
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).
Jny6strng

US $.4600 Yulong Guo cedar 2013, Grand Rapids, MI

Postby Jny6strng » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 pm

- Type / luthier: Classical / Yulong Guo (Chinese Luthier)
- Year of construction: 2013
- Scale length (mm): 650mm
- Top: Cedar Double Top
- Back / Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge) (armrest): ebony
- Sound: A loud, colorful, and balanced instrument
- Condition: New
- Price: US $4600
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location (nearest city): Grand Rapids

Yulong Guo is China's number one guitar luthier and he has been building and inovating guitars for a very long time. His Chamber Concert Double-Top model is his claim to fame and can be built with the option of either cedar or spruce for the top. The double top is constructed with a nomex lattice structure sandwiched between two thin layers of solid wood. Mr. Guo's lattice bracing system is used on both his Cedar and the Spruce top. The sound is exceptional and Mr. Guo has spared nothing.

The bridge:
A very slender ebony bridge that is hollowed out on the sides to maximize resonance with the top. There are also 12 tie holes drilled to keep the string angle from the tie post to the bone, thus eliminating the need for tie beads.

The top:
A cedar double top with a lattice structure between the two thin layers of wood, in this case cedar. This makes for a very strong and thin top allowing it to resonate properly, but maintaining the necessary strength to hold the tension of the strings. The top is also braced with a light lattice bracing system for further support.

Please view photos and videos at Jonathan Marshall Guitars.

May you be blessed and play infinitely
Sincerely,
Jonathan Marshall

dsung730

Re: US $.4600 Yulong Guo Cedar 2013, Grand Rapids, MI

Postby dsung730 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 am

I live in Grand Rapids. I have seen guitars from this luthier offered a few times on e - b a y and was wondering about the sound. I am ready to buy but I was wondering whether I could see and play the guitar. Please let me know. David

Jny6strng

Postby Jny6strng » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:28 pm

David,

I am way late on responding to you, and you're welcome to call me anytime to set up an appointment to play some guitars. I,m on the web:
Just search for Jonathan Marshall Guitars
Sincerely,
Jonathan Marshall

DeathEvil

Postby DeathEvil » Sat May 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Do you know what strings Yulong puts on these?

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”