Simplicio, Vito - June Says Goodbye to December

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Simplicio, Vito - June Says Goodbye to December

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

This completes my "Suite for All Seasons."

Spring, At Last
viewtopic.php?t=17797

Dancing Under the Summer Stars
viewtopic.php?t=18724

Caressing the Fall Breeze
viewtopic.php?t=19953

Thank you Owl for encouraging me to take this project on.

June Says Goodbye to December is dedicated to my Mother-In-Law, June Ross, who passed away on Christmas two years ago in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We were all there to be with her when she passed. She was a lovely woman and I was honored to play at her funeral. At the time I searched my original compositions for one that I felt would be fitting. This untitled piece, at the time, seemed to capture the sadness and love that we all felt for this dear woman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owl

Post by owl » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Vito... I'm so glad you have completed the suite and I thank you for the pleasure you have brought to so many.
I am away at the moment and don't have access to a fast download so I can't listen until I get home on Tuesday.
I wanted to let you know I have seen your post and I look forward to hearing it... I'm sure it will live up to my expectations.
This is also a lovely thing to do as a tribute.

Thank you Vito... I will be in touch :)

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Owl,

Thanks for responding and have a safe trip!

Vito

enilorac

Post by enilorac » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Thank you, Vito. This is truly lovely. Your compositions are wonderfully moving, very emotional and evocative. I can't help being caught up by them. This one is especially tender and loving.

Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to get home and listen to the whole suite together.
:bravo:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Hello Vito,

What a lovely tribute to June, your mother-in-law, and what a wonderful way to complete your suite.

You have a creative gift and the talent to make effective use of it. I love your work—thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Best wishes, V :merci: :discussion:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi enilorac,.

:merci: I get so much enjoyment in creating music and, of course, it's always rewarding to have others like yourself show your appreciation.

Have a save trip home.

Vito

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Congratulations on completing your lovely Suite, dear Vito! :bravo:

This piece fits in perfectly with the other movements. Beautiful and wistful... I can't wait to put them all together and listen to the Suite in its entirety!

Interesting that your mother-in-law passed on Christmas. Is that how it came to be that the whole family was together? You see, our family had a similar experience. My grandmother passed on a Christmas day. My sister had just come from visiting her at the rest home, so, sadly, she died alone. But the whole family was at Auntie Annie's for Christmas (from many different New England states) and the Pastor from our church was there as well, so he gave a blessing and we all had the chance to grieve together.

One day later and it would have just been a series of endless phone calls...

We had to wonder if she was just being considerate?

Keep the pieces coming, please! You have a very personal compositional style and play beautifully!!!

Alan

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:17 pm

Tarbaby wrote: Interesting that your mother-in-law passed on Christmas. Is that how it came to be that the whole family was together?
Hi Alan,

Yes, we usually spend the Christmas holidays in Pittsburgh. That year we went a little early because my mother-in-law had gone into the hospital. She passed about a week later. I'm so pleased that we were all there for her. Your situation does sound very similar.

Thanks so much for your kind words and your continued support for my music.

Sincerely,

Vito

Fingerboard

Post by Fingerboard » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:50 am

My dear Vito,

Congratulations on the completion of "The Suite for All Seasons"!!! You have done a wonderful job, my friend! All of your works can only be described as profoundly wonderful!!! Like your other works, I love the last installment to the suite... so touching. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Thank you so much for sharing with us! :merci:

More power to you! Best regards to Coral and the whole family!

your friend,

Tony

ps= So... What's the next project? :D :D :D

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:59 am

Dear Tony,

Of course it's always so wonderful to hear from you. Thank you so much for your continued support. What's the next project? Well I'm going to sit back and wait for your next beautiful contribution. I'm sure it will put a smile on all of our faces. :wink:

Your friend,

Vito

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:48 am

Congratulations! Simplicio.
May I suggest you have a go at George Gershwin's Summertime. I beleive there's some arrangments for guitar of it. I have been looking for the score, but without results. I'am sure you can arrange your personnal version of it. It's such wonderful song. If you do so I'd be very delighted to listen to you playing it. And might even "venture" playing it myself. :D

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:41 pm

Thank you fEZ. Summertime is a great song and I do remember messing around with it a few years back playing it by ear. It's interesting how some songs pass through my repertoire and then forgotten. I would be interested in giving it another try. I'll search for the music too and see if my fingers remember where to go.

Truly,

Vito

owl

Post by owl » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 pm

Dear Vito... this music is all that I expected... and more
Reflective... evocative... a gift of the past.
A fitting finale and a lovely memorial to June

Thank you Vito... the entire suite is a joy, and a tribute to your talent... I will enjoy it always.

Joy in the music

Owl
PS. Can I hope for the score at some stage... along with Summer?
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Dear Owl,

I can't tell you how much your support of my music has meant to me. Thank you again for prompting me to do the suite. I will post the music for winter in the next couple of days. Now summer is another matter (BTW, you don't miss a thing, do you? :) ). I've had trouble with getting the timing right on the bossa nova section but one way or another, I'll get it posted.

Yours truly,

Vito

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Beautiful Vito. I now have the whole suite on the "A-List" on my hard drive! I just realized that I don't have the scores, though, so I definitely need to retrieve them. Thanks for sharing this beautiful, rich, evocative music with your forum friends.

Say, has anyone ever done a "Planets" suite for guitar? Sound like a good idea for your next project? There are nine of them, you know :twisted:

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”