Dyens/Jobim - Felicidade

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.

Dyens/Jobim - Felicidade

Postby bunglenutter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:21 pm

Does anyone play this piece?

Regarding the intro - on the second bar at the end with the pull off down to the E, how do you treat this note? Do you let it ring out or do you mute it somehow? There is an asterisk attached to it and I'm wondering if this signifies palm mute or something but I've misplaced the lexicon so I don't know what the symbol means!
Waffle iron?
bunglenutter

Postby Natan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Is it that symbol?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
Natan

Postby bunglenutter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 pm

It's similar, more flowery if that makes any sense, but could well just mean the same thing. Does it just mean to stop resonance before the indicated note?
Waffle iron?
bunglenutter

Postby Natan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 pm

bunglenutter wrote: Does it just mean to stop resonance before the indicated note?

My French isn't better than yours. :lol: It seems you are pretty close.
Natan

Postby Azalais » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:34 am

"Stopper toute résonance dès l'émission de la note ou de l'accord suivant"
Stop all resonance as soon as the note is played, or before the next chord.
(US) (FR) (ES) (IT) "... when you walk alone, you walk as you please..." Burwell Lute Tutor (c1670)
Azalais

Return to Classical Guitar Classes