Bach for Beginners

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Vabejas

Bach for Beginners

Postby Vabejas » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:59 am

Since I'm a 1st year CGP, can anyone recommend a Bach piece which is not too difficult? I've listened to a lot of Bach, but most pieces so far seem to be technically out of reach for me.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings,

Pizzi

Re: Bach for Beginners

Postby Pizzi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 am

Hi ! :D

You enjoy Bach ?

When you will register in group 002, you will access to the score volume 2 !

Here, page 80 -81, you should start your first Jean-Sébastien Bach
"menuets from suite BWV 1007"

begin slowly... it's no polyphonic one but niveau 2 = 2nd year
Do you learn solfa ?
if it's ok for you to read and fine all notes, rythms, you should better begin by menuets n° 2

sure you are motivate guitarist :war:

Cheers !
Last edited by Pizzi on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Saywood

Postby Paul Saywood » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:59 am

I found a version of Air on a g string on in the tabledit archives, that's quite easy and very nice too.

Paul

Hippogryph

Postby Hippogryph » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Trevor Maurice, at learnclassicalguitar.com, has some easier arrangements of Bach's menuets.

Nick Cutroneo

Postby Nick Cutroneo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:29 pm

Even simple Bach, like the Bourree in E minor (996) is quite difficult, on a musical level. If you're interested in Bach, take a look at some contemporary composers of the time, to get used to play dance suite movements. Robert DeVisee is a great baroque guitar composer, and has some very 'simple' suites out there. I know that in the Noad book 1, his D minor (or major?) suite. I say this only because, the musical ideas of every movement is explain as well in the book, and you the idea of what these movements are about. Now when you go to Bach you'll have a better understanding, musically what these dance movements are, and I'm sure a more developed technique.
Nick Cutroneo - Classical Guitarist, performer/teacher/suzuki instructor

100Roy001

Postby 100Roy001 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:22 pm

If you have a good RH-technique, you could try the Prelude from Cello Suite No.1 in G, BWV 1007.
I can play it!

It has some difficult measures though. :o

Ryan Nitz

Postby Ryan Nitz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:10 am

There is also a nice book of pieces from the Anna Magdalena Notebook, arranged for guitar by Jerry Tertocha from University of Utah. It's published by Mel Bay.

dreni

Postby dreni » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:29 pm

the first piece of bach that i played is SARABANDE,DOUBLE AND BOURRE i think these pieces are little easy

Vesuvio

Postby Vesuvio » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:42 am

Hello Dreni,

I notice you have only just joined us. Welcome! If you have time please visit the Introduce Yourself area where you might like to tell us a little about your musical background and interests,

Best wishes, V
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”