The Orósz Technique "Ultimate in Finger Control Training"

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.

Re: The Orósz Technique "Ultimate in Finger Control Training"

Postby Vesuvio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Hello Rainer-guitarre,

Thank you very much indeed for the link to Roland Schlieder's website,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith
Vesuvio

Postby Peter Johnson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:55 am

Yes thanks Rainer-guitarre for the link.

I have tried Roland's exercise for the left hand with the alternating two fingers and find it pretty awkward to say the least.
Although after while it begins to sink in.
Also the right hand plucking technique. I have been worried for some time with my nails, like everyone else I guess, but after trying the extreme plucking and finger strengthening exercise I have filed my nails shorter and actually prefer the sound. Perhaps this is the wrong place, forum, to say this...
Oh well!
"Things in music are not difficult, just unexpected". Nadia Boulanger
Peter Johnson

Postby alter Ton » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:44 pm

goni wrote:I went on the website and gave my email address to receive more info.

This is the signature of his email

MagicMusicianFingers - The Orósz Technique
P.O. Box 1072
Sanibel, FL
US

Sanibel sounded familiar and I went into the Sakari website. This is Sakari's address

650 Tarpon Bay Road #1072
Sanibel Island, Florida
33957-1072
USA

A little bit too similar...maybe I'm wrong

G

Those are two different ways to spell the same address. 650 Tarpon Bay Rd. is the address of one of the two post offices on Sanibel Island. So they are both addresses for the same PO Box (1072) in Sanibel Island.
alter Ton

Postby cucurrucucu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 pm

This exchange puts SNL to shame. The best thing about it is "His response:" The placement of it at the end of the email exchanges is just perfect. This whole thing should be published. This was really hysterical. Thanks to all the participants.I'm still laughing as I type.

A few years back someone had an add promising a solar powered clothe dryer for $ 15. People that send the check for it received a piece of string and a set of clothe pins. Instead of buying the miracle method get Scott Tennant's book and follow his 100 or so Giuliani exercises plan.
Last edited by cucurrucucu on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cucurrucucu

Postby Steve Kutzer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Isn't there some internet rule about when Hitler gets mentioned? Using Mother Teresa is a twist!
See my technology (and guitar!) site CIO Dojo
Steve Kutzer

Postby PALON » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 am

alter Ton wrote:
goni wrote:I went on the website and gave my email address to receive more info.

This is the signature of his email

MagicMusicianFingers - The Orósz Technique
P.O. Box 1072
Sanibel, FL
US

Sanibel sounded familiar and I went into the Sakari website. This is Sakari's address

650 Tarpon Bay Road #1072
Sanibel Island, Florida
33957-1072
USA

A little bit too similar...maybe I'm wrong

G

Those are two different ways to spell the same address. 650 Tarpon Bay Rd. is the address of one of the two post offices on Sanibel Island. So they are both addresses for the same PO Box (1072) in Sanibel Island.

:shock: REALLY INCREDIBLE!
PALON

Postby Roamer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Steve Kutzer wrote:Isn't there some internet rule about when Hitler gets mentioned? Using Mother Teresa is a twist!

Godwin's Law, which relates to the reductio ad Hitlerum fallacy:

"As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Sakari continues to innovate and now can be credited as being the father of the reductio ad Thereserium fallacy :bravo:
Roamer

Postby JimDPringle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:46 pm

After purchasing the Orosz Tech, I asked for a refund and Jules wrote back to me and refunding 100% back to me with no questions asked.

Regarding Sakari's Mother Theresa comparison, it goes without saying that the world is paranoid theses days. If a guy named "Madoff" made-off with billions over decades under our noses, and with Internet fraud at it's height, it requires merchants who are doing business on the Internet to have complete transparency. We are only human and honest ones at that. So when someone is offering to sell you something but is only available by email with no phone and only PO Box, it appears that a seller is hiding. Further more, sellers who remain separated from the community of players who make up the market, and certainly this forum is strong in that regard, in my view fail to bring additional credibility to their work by not engaging in healthy debates regarding there contributions as well as not hearing from students who are successful completing and applying the work.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,
it is time to pause and reflect."
— Mark Twain
JimDPringle

Postby PALON » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree with you, Jim.
Why not debate publically? Anything to be hidden?
Maybe...
:bye:
PALON

Postby fabrizziomaris » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Rainer-guitarre,

thank you for the link. www.rolandschlieder.com

I know Maestro Schlieder, he is fantastic, I saw a concert in Barcelona last year, great projection and sound.
I agree with Morcus, it is not the right place for this great technique.
Vesuvio and Morcus, why not open a new forum for Roland Schlieders' technique, I am sure there are more guitarrists interested.

Gracias

Fabrizzio
fabrizziomaris

Postby Penelope Phillips-Armand » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Thank you all for sharing your skepticism concerning "the Orosz Technique." I've had my own doubts as to its usefulness, since tapping is such a different motion from plucking, and her sample lesson seems to me to overemphasize temporal separation at the expense of flow. I'll have a look at the Schlieder link; for any relative newbies like me, I'd suggest also http://www.resnets.com/tutorial/classical-method.htm, which seems to provide a good general introduction to classical guitar technique.
Penelope Phillips-Armand

Postby D0ug91 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 am

Well, a rather well placed Google ad's advertisement in my Gmail today led me to the magicmusicianfingers site. After reading their little spiel (it was a clarinet focus), I decided to look further and I noticed my trusty Delcamp.com forum had covered it. I was expecting a skeptical review... I ended up with 10 min of entertainment :)

I love this forum.
- Doug Giroux
D0ug91

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Havent you guys noticed how most people defending the Sakari Method or Orosz technique here are almost always under 10 post, and most of them have been made in issues regarding this techniques ?
Kenny

Postby tronche » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Kenny wrote:Havent you guys noticed how most people defending the Sakari Method or Orosz technique here are almost always under 10 post, and most of them have been made in issues regarding this techniques ?

I tried the Sakari Method. I liked the idea behind it, but it ultimately fell short of its promises. I do have a killer free stroke though! :casque:
“If you want a picture of the future, Imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever!!!” -George Orwell
tronche

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

tronche wrote:
Kenny wrote:Havent you guys noticed how most people defending the Sakari Method or Orosz technique here are almost always under 10 post, and most of them have been made in issues regarding this techniques ?

I tried the Sakari Method. I liked the idea behind it, but it ultimately fell short of its promises. I do have a killer free stroke though! :casque:

I also got some advantages from the course other things weren't so good imo.
Most of such systems have some personal element to them "there's no one size fits all" solution.
As a beginning it's necessarry to do some standard technique excercises after that many lose their effectiveness.
I think we need to take the parts that appeal to us from such methods and develop them fruther each player has to develop their own excercises to solve his or her's specific weaknesses.
It invovles thinking and observation.
Problems arise when they try to market them as a magic solution.
Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Classical Guitar Classes