Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:13 am

andrethompson wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm
Hello

I would like to register for participating in the lessons.
I have fulfilled the basic requirements:
Andre Thompson
Andrei
You are now a member of the student group
Enjoy the lessons

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm
I have been given a warning by a moderator due to, I believe, a translation issue or overbearing rules interpretation.
Was this about the timing of the 1st post of a piece? Interesting that Dave Moutrie had the same comment when he joined the French forum.
I've asked for clarification.
We have taken it as a guide in English forum so that the piece has enough fluidity to make comments useful. Obviously, a hesitant rendition with lots of errors and uneven timing is difficult to give good feedback on. Folks like yourself and Angela can produce a resonable posting in a few days, a week would be average, some of us take a lot longer :oops:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 am

Assuming that is what it was about, we'll perhaps need to bear in mind the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" (or Madrid and Spanish in this case) :wink: . Although, as Colin said, we have treated it as more of a guideline than a rule on this forum, when Jean-François says in his lesson "I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week", the Spanish moderators are well within their rights to ask members to do just that. Apart from anything else, I suppose, posting early may make other students feel they should start posting, even if they are not really ready. Also, if that is the general rule that they have always applied to their own students on the Spanish forum, it causes problems for them and a bad impression for us if anglophone students come along and appear to ignore it. So I would suggest we take the one-week instruction literally on the other forums, if not here.
Angela Zhao wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 am
As the English Forum without D06 lesson, the students of D05 in English Forum have come to the spanish forum to study D06, in that forum, we are all have language problem, so we can't have good communication. I know only spanish forum have D06,D07 lessons, so I beg an increase D06 lessons in the English Forum. Of course, the administrator can decide, and it'll add more works of Moderators. Thank you can understand! :merci:
I have raised this with Jean-François. He explained that part of the reason for putting levels D06 and D07 on the Spanish forum was to encourage more international interraction on that forum, which otherwise gets much less activity than the others. Without that double purpose it would not have been worth the investment of time and effort put into producing the lessons. Also, there has to be a sufficiently large group to make the lessons worthwhile, which would be unlikely at those levels if they were distributed over the four forums. So, he says, regretfully the answer has to be no. Sorry about that. Hopefully, using an online translator and avoiding any misunderstandings with the local moderators, we can still make it work.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for your thoughtful follow up and response Geoff. Yes it had to do with early submission of a work in progress, not unlike Mr. McAllister's posts on view the process. I would think this would be helpful. Anyway, the "recommendation" of posting in one week is seen as a rule. But no one ever does this. I would think that would also be a violation of the rules, but they are silent in that. So I think it is more than a translation issue. Anyway, I am all in favor of rules. That's what makes this forum great. But I can't stand when people make rules up as you go along. I think I'll just continue the work sans certification. Maybe we can start a thread for any 06, 07 ... followers here in this forum.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Yucel Kamcez

Post by Yucel Kamcez » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi,

I am registered on the forum with my first name and last name. I have published the 2015-2016 course poster on my Google+ page and my Facebook profile. ... plus.google.com/collection/Q_0RVE
I understand and accept that I will upload a minimum of 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course. On the other hand, I'll be sharing my recordings
with the other students at my same level to get their comments and my opinions about their studies.
Please register me for the 2015-2016 lessons.

Best regards,
Yucel Kamcez

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Yucel Kamcez wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Please register me for the 2015-2016 lessons.

Best regards,
Yucel Kamcez
You are now registered, hope you enjoy the lessons

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:12 am

I have raised this with Jean-François. He explained that part of the reason for putting levels D06 and D07 on the Spanish forum was to encourage more international interraction on that forum, which otherwise gets much less activity than the others. Without that double purpose it would not have been worth the investment of time and effort put into producing the lessons. Also, there has to be a sufficiently large group to make the lessons worthwhile, which would be unlikely at those levels if they were distributed over the four forums. So, he says, regretfully the answer has to be no. Sorry about that. Hopefully, using an online translator and avoiding any misunderstandings with the local moderators, we can still make it work.
Hello GeoffB

First of all thank you very much for replying me, and I also understand Mr.Jean-François’ decision very much. But I need to explain that the reason for adding D06 courses in the English forum is not because of posting homework before a week, but because of language communication. I first explain my opinion, I agree that at least a week to upload video, not only because the songs need to practice carefully, but also respect for the teacher, in the D06 course is a certain degree of difficulty, the Spanish Forum students level are all very high, our English forum students need to more practice, and show our best. As Mr.Jean-François said, in the Spanish forum can be international interaction, I think in that forum posting, should allow at least two languages: one is native language, the other is Spanish language, if only in Spanish language, due to translation software problems, it will lead to understanding bias , I am a student from China, English is not my mother tongue, I hope to use English and translated Spanish to communicate, due to network restricted, I cannot use GOOGLE translation, so translated Spanish will have a greater deviation , That’s why I put forward in the English forum to add D06 course.
I respect the views of the administrator; we will learn the D06 lessons in the Spanish forum. I hope you can understand me, thank you! :merci:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 am

Hi Angela, thank you, I understand you perfectly. The part about when to post recordings was a reply to Rick, who had mentioned that as a problem. I realize that in your case the problem was more connected with the language, though the added complication that you have no access to the Google translator had not occurred to me, so I see now that it is even more difficult for you. Sorry about that, but I'm glad you are OK to continue.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

andrethompson

Post by andrethompson » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:20 am

Thanks Colin!

Stefan Prechtl

Post by Stefan Prechtl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello,
I am looking forward to getting registered for the lessons. I am registered with my full name and already have posted my introductory post. Also, I have and will continue spreading the word about this great forum.

Thanks in advance!
Stefan

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:18 am

Welcome to the lessons, you are now registered.

erinmcgonigal

Post by erinmcgonigal » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Please register me for the D01 class (2017-2018).

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:23 pm

erinmcgonigal wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm
Please register me for the D01 class (2017-2018).
Is erinmcgonigal your full firsdt and last name? If not you will need to request a name change here viewforum.php?f=22
Can you then confirm that you have read the conditions for participation at the beginning of this thread and that
"1. I have registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2017-2018 course sessions in Facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work."

Nathan Glenn

Post by Nathan Glenn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi, I have registered with my first and last name and advertised the class on Facebook, and I accept the other conditions as well. I would like to join the lessons for D01.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Nathan Glenn wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm
Hi, I have registered with my first and last name and advertised the class on Facebook, and I accept the other conditions as well. I would like to join the lessons for D01.
You are now registered as a student
Enjoy the lessons

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”