D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:27 am

Warley Lima wrote:Hello classmates, I had some problems and I'm starting the course now. Unfortunately I lost a lot of time and even though the pieces were not as clean as I would like, I'm doing my best to finish the course. Thank you all :bye:
Excellent pieces, you'll soon catch up.

In the Marazula watch the timing of the semiquavers (1/16th notes) at the end of eg bars 8 & 10, you are tending to slow down there.

Warley Lima
Student of the online lessons

Post by Warley Lima » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Warley Lima wrote:Hello classmates, I had some problems and I'm starting the course now. Unfortunately I lost a lot of time and even though the pieces were not as clean as I would like, I'm doing my best to finish the course. Thank you all :bye:
Excellent pieces, you'll soon catch up.

In the Marazula watch the timing of the semiquavers (1/16th notes) at the end of eg bars 8 & 10, you are tending to slow down there.
Hello Colin, Thanks for the comment. I had many difficulties in the mentioned bars, I can not keep the pulse of time in semiquavers (1/16th) notes. Can you help me on how can I do it? Thank You
Regards,

Warley Lima

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Warley Lima wrote: Hello Colin, Thanks for the comment. I had many difficulties in the mentioned bars, I can not keep the pulse of time in semiquavers (1/16th) notes. Can you help me on how can I do it? Thank You
If I find a tricky rhythm I try to simplify the counting. So I might approach this by counting the main bars with 1 beat/note - treating them as 1/4 notes - so when you come to the boxed section you play the final 2 notes in bar 11 as 1/8notes. Practice this as an isolated sequence from the middle of the bar - when practicing this sequence it would be a good idea to include the first note of the next bar - C - because it is easy to lengthen the final D of bar 11 if you end your practice on that note.

Binh NguyenKhac

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi classmates, here are my submission videos, please comment :D

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

@ Jose Ramon Martinez
Perfect Jose, good tempo, posture and smooth :casque:

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Binh NguyenKhac wrote:Hi classmates, here are my submission videos, please comment :D

@ Jose Ramon Martinez
Perfect Jose, good tempo, posture and smooth :casque:
In general everything is good, all notes are quite clear (and thanks for great recording quality!), here are some observations:
1) in Schiarazula you do not alternate right hand fingers in fast passages (starting from second 12) which leads to slowing down: you play 'm m i' where it should be 'i m i' or 'm i m'
2) in Arpeggi it looks like the G string is a bit out of tune (or these are some special strings which are difficult to tune properly?)
3) I think you move the entire hand too much when plucking with the thumb
Cordoba C9

Binh NguyenKhac

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 am

Andrei Puhach wrote: In general everything is good, all notes are quite clear (and thanks for great recording quality!), here are some observations:
1) in Schiarazula you do not alternate right hand fingers in fast passages (starting from second 12) which leads to slowing down: you play 'm m i' where it should be 'i m i' or 'm i m'
2) in Arpeggi it looks like the G string is a bit out of tune (or these are some special strings which are difficult to tune properly?)
Thank you for your feedback Andrei :D

1. I'm surprised that you notice that :oops: . I confess that's one of my weaknesses. I do it unconsciously. You have sharp eyes!

2. Andrei, do you have perfect pitch? How do you know my guitar out of tune? Is that a skill that you learnt or you're gifted?
I often have to use my phone app called Guitar Tuna. I don't trust myself to tune the guitar. I even saw on youtube: a guitarist tuned his guitar on stage, while he was playing. It's amazing!
And indeed. I've changed all my guitar strings, so after a short time, my guitar is out of tune.

3. True, it's my casual posture that hinders my right thumb. So I have to pluck harder to play louder. I'm changing to classical posture and realize: I don't have to pluck hard anymore. :D

Andrei, your feedback is valuable and appreciated.

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:52 am

Binh NguyenKhac wrote:
Andrei Puhach wrote: In general everything is good, all notes are quite clear (and thanks for great recording quality!), here are some observations:
Thank you for your feedback Andrei :D

1. I'm surprised that you notice that :oops: . I confess that's one of my weaknesses. I do it unconsciously. You have sharp eyes!
Ha-ha, that's not that difficult to notice actually :) I heard the hiccup then watched closely to find the root cause.
Binh NguyenKhac wrote: 2. Andrei, do you have perfect pitch? How do you know my guitar out of tune? Is that a skill that you learnt or you're gifted?
I often have to use my phone app called Guitar Tuna. I don't trust myself to tune the guitar. I even saw on youtube: a guitarist tuned his guitar on stage, while he was playing. It's amazing!
And indeed. I've changed all my guitar strings, so after a short time, my guitar is out of tune.
Oh, no, not at all! I thought it is somewhat natural to hear untuned guitar, it does not require any special skill I guess. Well, I think this comes after watching hundreds of guitar videos on Youtube and playing a lot every day :)
Yeah, new strings tend to get out of tune pretty fast for a couple days. I also use Guitar Tuna as well to tune to the absolute pitch (all strings) and use ears to tune strings relative to each other (also, recently discovered a cool method with harmonics, search How to Tune a Classical Guitar Using Harmonics on Youtube).
Binh NguyenKhac wrote: 3. True, it's my casual posture that hinders my right thumb. So I have to pluck harder to play louder. I'm changing to classical posture and realize: I don't have to pluck hard anymore. :D
Personally I don't see any problem with your right hand: it is quite relaxed, all fingers can work independently. Actually, I don't think (but used to!) that everybody must follow the canonical classical posture blindly, it depends on the body structure and anatomy. Check out videos of Tavi Jinariu (a great classical guitarist), he has quite unusual right hand position but it works for him perfectly. He also has some posts about it here, on classicalguitardelcamp.com
Binh NguyenKhac wrote: Andrei, your feedback is valuable and appreciated.
Thank you :)
Cordoba C9

AndyPurkis

Post by AndyPurkis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Please see my submission

Polyphony 2

Youtube
https://youtu.be/7BCyNOBXqYw[/youtube]

Schiarazula Marazula

Youtube
https://youtu.be/-Jpm65uzIxw[/youtube]

I will submit others this evening I had issues with delay between video and audio.
My right hand technique is poor as i'm forced to play without nails until they regrow (to be fair it is poor anyway :shock: )
I look forward to your advise and welldone to you all for sticking at it I have enjoyed your submissions and found the critique valuable

AndyPurkis

Post by AndyPurkis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Please see my submission again I apologise for not embedding videos properly

Polyphony 2

Youtube

Schiarazula Marazula

Youtube

I will submit others this evening I had issues with delay between video and audio.
My right hand technique is poor as i'm forced to play without nails until they regrow (to be fair it is poor anyway :shock: )
I look forward to your advise and welldone to you all for sticking at it I have enjoyed your submissions and found the critique valuable

AndyPurkis

Post by AndyPurkis » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:12 pm

This is the rest of my submission

Youtube

Youtube

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”