D03 Classical guitar lesson 02

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Andrei Puhach » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:53 pm

davemoutrie wrote:Hello fellow students of the on line guitar, here are my recordings for this week.

I would be grateful for any comments, constructive remarks etc. Thank you.
Hi Dave, I like your recordings very much, especially Sor: dynamics, arpeggiatos, ritardandos, smooth slurs. Congrats!!
As of Carcassi I have a complaint about dumps (rests): first measure, third beat: the bass note should be muted. I think it is really important here.
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.46.47 PM.png
The Extensions exercise should probably be played a bit slower, but otherwise it is good :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:22 am

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my recordings Andrei.

You are quite right about missing the rests in the Carcassi, I totally missed those upside down golf bat things. :oops: And yes it is important as many of the exercises have been about damping.

This is what makes these lessons such a positive thing - having other students spot what you don't.

Time to do some more practice (with the rests) and then re-record.
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:16 am

My submissions for this month:

exercises number 9 on page 87

Youtube

number 54 on page 102
This one needs practice, possibly further up the neck to start with

Youtube

Fernando SOR EXERCICE II opus 35
Slow at this stage and gaps between sections are too long. However, time to practice before next month's tasks arrive!

Youtube

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am

Colin Bullock wrote:My submissions for this month:
Hi Colin, thank you for posting, I enjoyed listening to you play.

You play with an even tempo, and have all the right notes in the right order.

Just wondering if you have identified a reason for the pauses in your playing - for example is it just the time it takes to shift from one position to another with the left hand, or is it that you are not reading far enough ahead in the music?
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:51 am

davemoutrie wrote:
Colin Bullock wrote:My submissions for this month:
Just wondering if you have identified a reason for the pauses in your playing - for example is it just the time it takes to shift from one position to another with the left hand, or is it that you are not reading far enough ahead in the music?
Thanks for listening Dave.
I've been wondering too and I think it might be to do with time perception during the recording. I seem to play more slowly during recording and the gaps don't seem anywhere as long as they do when listening back - for last yrs exam piece I was surprised when I heard it after uploading, but didnt have time to rerecord.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:47 am

If the proplem is just time perception then the answer is simple: try recording with a metronome running - if this works OK then you will probably find that after recording with the metronome a few times you can record without.

If the problem persists even with the metronome running and especially if the pauses are in the same place each time, then it is most probably a mechanical problem of shifting from one position to the other. In this case the answer is probably to use M. Delcampe's method of drawing a box around the problem parts on the sheet music and practicing these parts 10 - 16 times per session.
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Colin - I agree with Dave. Another thing I was taught was when you are first starting an exercise and learning it measure by measure always break down each measure so that it includes the first and second beat of the next measure.

Ed Butler

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:51 pm

davemoutrie wrote:If the problem persists even with the metronome running and especially if the pauses are in the same place each time, then it is most probably a mechanical problem of shifting from one position to the other.
It only happened on the recording, other playthoughs were fine
Ed Butler wrote:Colin - I agree with Dave. Another thing I was taught was when you are first starting an exercise and learning it measure by measure always break down each measure so that it includes the first and second beat of the next measure.
tht's good advice.
i usually practice phrases or sections and, as you say, put in at least 1/2 bar of lead in and exit.

thanks for the help folks

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Lesson 2 ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Bert - very well done. On the SOR work specifically on connecting the measures that you are having difficulty with so it presents a smoother overall performance. I need to do the same thing with my exercises.

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic

Post by Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 am

Hello everyone, :bye:
here is my task for this month. See you all next month
Teodora

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Jose Ramon Martinez

Post by Jose Ramon Martinez » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 am

Hello classmates!
Here are my submissions for D03 lesson 02. I'm way behind most of you, but hope to go through the rest of the lessons during this month.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Warley Lima

Post by Warley Lima » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:39 am

Hello classmates,

Here are the files of lesson two. I had a problem in the play: Fernando SOR EXERCICE II opus 35, I got lost in the score :chaud: . Thank you all. :casque:
Regards,

Warley Lima

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”